Looking for riders Ga. for a group rides - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Southeast Region AL, AR, FL, GA, KY, LA, MS, NC, SC, TN, VA, WV

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-24-2009, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
Redneck on a rice burner

Location: American by birth,Southern by the grace of God ..,.AMEN !

Smile Looking for riders Ga. for a group rides

I'm looking for other riders in the Atlanta metro for group rides. I live in Austell & tired of riding with croch rockets {everything's a race}.The HD riders only want to ride with HOG's.I'm a member of VROC & GaVROC , but would love to ride with other 750's. It would be cool to have a Ga.vn750 chapter, if anybodys intrested let me know.I'm ready to ride!!

Last edited by Wileysden; 05-12-2009 at 04:10 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 02:16 AM

Thought about it before I read your offhanded remark about Harley riders. I ride a Heritage Classic and a VN750. Love them both. Ride with a lot of different brands. Narrow mindedness I don't ride with. Thanks.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 05:31 AM
The Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpocktheVulcan View Post
Thought about it before I read your offhanded remark about Harley riders. I ride a Heritage Classic and a VN750. Love them both. Ride with a lot of different brands. Narrow mindedness I don't ride with. Thanks.
I have to agree with you on that Spock, I have ridden with and still ride with Harley Owners. Since I ride a JAP BIKE the issue has never come up unless I brought it up. Before I completely costomized my scoot I asked a Harley guy with a $60,000.00 Custom why he has yet to rag on my JAP BIKE. His answer was unexpected, he said "If you wan't to ride you have to ride something" On this occassion there were over 60 Harleys and I was the odd man out.

We were on a trip to Myrtle Beach for Bike Week, which was STUPID on my part. I just got he bike running and only put 40 miles on it, I had no license, no insurance, no DOT approved helmet, and my buddies drive out tag.

Most of the guys had heard I was on my first venture on a Cruiser but spent years on a dirt bike. Even though some of them looked like they just broke out of Prison, and smelled like it. They were the best bunch of guy's you could meet. One rider swapped my Novilty with his DOT half helmet, another rider with a Low Rider of similar color to my bike offered to swap tags, and we did.

I was against it at first but it was quickly apparent I offended him and was told by others to accept his offer or stay home. My reply was what if I get pulled over? Followed by a big laugh from the group my buddie Tom said , If you get pulled over we ALL get pulled over. I figured I would be trailing the Group, Tom said since you are a new rider we have decided you will lead the group so we can keep an eye on you. I never felt a Welcome like this in my life, and it was Frikin Awesome. The pride and joy I felt leading theese guy's into Myrtle Beach was a feeling I will never forget.

I will never Forget the way they took me under their wing, and for those who HATE Harley Riders. KISS MY ASS !!!!!

85 VN700 "Old Yella"

REBUILT ENGINE
CUSTOM PAINT
VANCE & HINES CRUZERS
EAR SHAVED AND RE-JETTED W/K&N'S
DUNLOP ELITE K591 FRONT & REAR
VOLTMETER
SYNTHETIC BRAKE FLUID
SYNTHETIC OIL & GEAR LUBE
PLEXISTAR 2 WINDSHIELD
SPLINES LUBED
ACCT'S GREASED W/TOC SPRINGS
COASTERD
LEATHER SADDLE BAGS
LEATHER TOOL AND ROLL BAG
PICKUP COILS GAPPED AT .018"
NGK CAP, WIRES, IRIDUMS
BARNETT FRICTION PLATES & SPRINGS
CUSTOM GRIPS, MIRRORS, LEVERS
ORIGINAL STATOR & R/R 14.5v
DEKA MF AGM ETX15L

Best Auto/Moto Insurance | Motorcycle Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 08:47 PM Thread Starter
Redneck on a rice burner

Location: American by birth,Southern by the grace of God ..,.AMEN !

Exclamation Harley feedback

I stand by what I said about the Harley riders {On 20West & Thorton Rd.& Suround}! Since I live close to the harley stealership most of the weekend riders are A--holes !.I don't have a problem with ANY riders .It's the A--hole that comes out when there riding . I'm dealing with ATL clubs,I see that I pissed off a couple {Spock &Lance} on this site,didn't know that would put ya'lls panties in a wad. Sorry ,If we do meet { I owe you a cold one !}ok?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement