Strange rides - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Great Lakes Region IL, IN, IA, MI, MN, MO, OH, WI

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 11:40 PM Thread Starter
HAWK

Send a message via Yahoo to Ccspinner
Strange rides

Sorry so late but I just got a chance to sit down.

Here goes, Started at 6:45 waking up to thunder and rain thinking it was called off.
Looked at the radar and found it was clear so I said lets go.
Rode to Evans and headed for IHOP, All is good met up with the group and enjoyed food and stories.
Hit the road and what a great ride it was, Evan pealed off earley had things to do.
Goto to a stop in Dixon and my Wife called, She was stuck on 294 with a flat in a borrowed car, Ended up a spring broke cutting the tire and brake line rendering the van undrivable.
After 4 hours got a tow back home, AAA is getting a very nasty letter.

So I kept on going knowing I could do nothing in Decalb and on the bike.
We made it to Poopies and had food, decise we need to head home due to time restraints just made a east trip back dodging rain.
We got on 20 heading into Rockford doing about 65 and a Hawk took off the side of the road trying to occupy the same space as me, I WON.
Bad thing was the road kill he was carring that splattered all over the front of the bike.
I can only imagin the view Frank had as it exploded around me, road kill to the left Hawk feathers to the right!
After a quick inspection of myself after the hawk hit my Right hand, I took inventory of the bike parts, Mirror ok, Turnsignal ok, Brake lever ok. Wow was I lucky, then the smell started
I called Frank up to inspect for damage and he just startd laughing and I could read his lips "Blood All over" Ok so now I am a mess.
I exeted on 20 heading home as Frank Sue and Jim headed down 90, The smell was gettin worse so I stopped at Evans to get a hose, that is when I got the first look at the carnage.
WoW, what a mess, I ended up pulling a wing and a head out of the grill, it is a good thing I had the Bike chaps on or my left leg would have been coverd in blood and guts.
So after laughing and finding the name of my new Nomad "Hunter", 2 weeks and 2 kills.

OK all is good, so I left Evans heading home, easy last 20 miles Yeay right not today.
I got about 8 miles from my house and see 2 cars in the swamp, Head on crash, I was 3rd on sight.
There was a young gril in her 20's just trying to get out, I jumped off my bike having my leather on headed in to the swamp to get her out.
She wad dazed and scared so I helped het to the side of the road, put my chaps on teh ground and told her to sit down now. She said her cat was in the car so back in to the swamp I go.
I get her cat who luckally was in a crate and brought her cat back to her.
The kid in the truck who crossed the center line was ok just dazes also, Both airbags went off.
I stayed with her till EMS showed ou and told them cars were clear, made there job easer.
When I found out they were ok just going to the Hospital to be checked out due to the airbags.
So then I headed out and finaly made it home at 7:30 walked right in and hugged my wife and proceded to tell her the story.

So there is my story for the day, What a day but a good time over all.
Thanks for listining

Chad Falstad
Vroc #17649
01 Nomad 1500
01 VN 750
http://new.photos. yahoo.com/ ccspinner1/ albums/
Windsheld, Kurieon grips
Custom Highway pegs(Made them), Corbin seat
Willie & Max Large slants, Vista cruse,
Relocate turn signals, Led Brake lights
http://www.Chadsbik e.com

Chad Falstad "Hawk"
Vroc #17649
2011 HD Ultra Classic "angel"
2001 Nomad 1500 Sold March 2012
2001 VN 750 "Sold June with 2008 with 21,000""Serinity"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 12:01 AM
Growling at the World...

Send a message via Yahoo to bulldog485
All I can say is the front of your bike, once again looked like a slaughterhouse and once again, the stink!!! But I have to disagree on the name "Hunter" for your Nad. I'm more in favor of "Splatter" as that is what I've seen on the last two occasions that I've seen it...

Evan Breyn ~ The Bulldog
http://www.bulldogsbike.com
2006 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic FLHTCUI ~ The Big Black Bitch ~ 26,000 miles.
2002 Kawasaki Nomad 1500 ~ The Red Dog ~ Traded in at 22,000 miles of smiles (purchased new 10/05 / Traded in 6/12).
1990 Kawasaki Vulcan 750 ~ Black Betty ~ 34,999.7 miles
VROC ~v~ 485
McHenry County Road Pirates
Chicagoland, IL
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 12:11 AM

Angry Could have been there!

Wow such a "lovely" day you had!That Nomad is like a Hummer I am so mad i changed my mind about coming to Poopies!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 12:26 AM Thread Starter
HAWK

Send a message via Yahoo to Ccspinner

Chad Falstad "Hawk"
Vroc #17649
2011 HD Ultra Classic "angel"
2001 Nomad 1500 Sold March 2012
2001 VN 750 "Sold June with 2008 with 21,000""Serinity"
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 12:36 AM
Growling at the World...

Send a message via Yahoo to bulldog485
What's really bad is those pictures bring back the smell too. Freaking stunk up my driveway...

All I can say is this... This happens again, pull off and powerwash the bike right away. Don't let that stuff dry like that. YUCK!!!

Evan Breyn ~ The Bulldog
http://www.bulldogsbike.com
2006 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic FLHTCUI ~ The Big Black Bitch ~ 26,000 miles.
2002 Kawasaki Nomad 1500 ~ The Red Dog ~ Traded in at 22,000 miles of smiles (purchased new 10/05 / Traded in 6/12).
1990 Kawasaki Vulcan 750 ~ Black Betty ~ 34,999.7 miles
VROC ~v~ 485
McHenry County Road Pirates
Chicagoland, IL
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 11:39 AM

Nasty!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 11:46 AM
and the Adventure Cycle

I've had similar experiences on my dirtbike with rabbits, groundhogs & turkey, but never on the streetbike.

You sure you're not doing this on purpose as a kind of theft prevention thing??.....

"Ewwww, that bike smells, I'm not stealing it!!"
LOL

AKA: Tim & 'The Adventure Cycle' VROC #24567, NEVROC, SteelCity VROC

"When life throws you curves,
Aim for the apex."

Author Unknown
Sponsored Links
Advertisement