Let's Ride to Hell - Blessing of the Bikes - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Great Lakes Region IL, IN, IA, MI, MN, MO, OH, WI

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-22-2014, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
Members who have donated towards server costs

Let's Ride to Hell - Blessing of the Bikes

Hey just wanted to see if anyone would be up in meeting up and riding over to Hell June 1st for Blessing of the Bikes in Hell? I plan on going, but would be cool to ride over together if anyone is interested.

Here are details on the event.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-22-2014, 05:28 PM
..have a vulcan good day!

Angel ?

'86 VN750 13,700 mi -Stock
-Purchased 2008 w/8800mi
Replaced ALL Cables . Kuryakyn LED Voltmeter
SilverStar Ultra 9003/HB2 H4 Headlamp, Jardine Fwd Controls,
Iridiums DPR7EIX-9 & Wires, Tuxedo Mod, Coil Mod, P/U Sensor Mod, Fork Seals,
Splines Lubed - 11/4/2012 - MF AGM Battery
Additional Flashing LED Brake Light on Trunk
Dampers went out @ 13+K !
After TOC MCCT's..... so amazingly quiet I discovered a rattling heat shield on my stock exhaust !
...have a vulcan good day!
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-22-2014, 05:55 PM
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

as a "Pope of Hell", I should get my a$$ up there to represent! lol I would love to go to Hell and back again, again. but that being a Sunday, I don't see it happening. if I would have had a little more of a heads up, I might have been able to make it happen. oh well, maybe next year.

if it goes vroom or boom, I LIKE IT!

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-22-2014, 06:14 PM
Jack of all trades

Not it. I've never been a fan of events like that. Why should I have to pay someone to look at my bike? Unless I'm rocking a truly awesome custom bike I built I see no point.

2003 vn750
1988 Pontiac Trans Am (project/driver)
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-22-2014, 06:53 PM
2000 VN 750 Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Angell View Post
Not it. I've never been a fan of events like that. Why should I have to pay someone to look at my bike? Unless I'm rocking a truly awesome custom bike I built I see no point.
The reason for that is because it is a fund raiser but it is your decision to attend or not. No disrespect intended with my explanation and if I missed a hidden question or comment I apologize. Sometimes I am just slow as happens after you pass the 60 mark and are only a few days short of 61.

and always remember, "Ride until you rot!"
**Really not sure if the Big "C" is back right now
but having to face the fact that this is a lifetime routine
going forward. Five operations done and it still continues.

Tom
Vulcan 2000
New ride: 2009 Victory Vision Arlen Ness Signature Series
4507 miles
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-22-2014, 06:54 PM

[QUOTE=StonePoet;706210]Hey just wanted to see if anyone would be up in meeting up and riding over to Hell June 1st for Blessing of the Bikes in Hell? I plan on going, but would be cool to ride over together if anyone is interested.....QUOTE]

Stone Poet, good to see you back posting.

Tom
Vulcan 2000
4507 miles
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-22-2014, 07:32 PM
Jack of all trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan2000 View Post
The reason for that is because it is a fund raiser but it is your decision to attend or not. No disrespect intended with my explanation and if I missed a hidden question or comment I apologize. Sometimes I am just slow as happens after you pass the 60 mark and are only a few days short of 61.
I realize it is a fundraiser. I'm all for a good cause. I just prefer not to attend larger organized events that donate to them. I've seen lots of good charitable organizations only receive a portion ( a small portion) of funds raised. I donate, but I prefer to do it directly to the cause.

2003 vn750
1988 Pontiac Trans Am (project/driver)
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-22-2014, 09:13 PM
..have a vulcan good day!

Quote:
I realize it is a fundraiser. I'm all for a good cause. I just prefer not to attend larger organized events that donate to them. I've seen lots of good charitable organizations only receive a portion ( a small portion) of funds raised. I donate, but I prefer to do it directly to the cause.
VERY, VERY good point !

Too many locations/business's/individuals willing to volunteer essentials w/o costs, = total fund raisers
for a true Fund Raiser !

'86 VN750 13,700 mi -Stock
-Purchased 2008 w/8800mi
Replaced ALL Cables . Kuryakyn LED Voltmeter
SilverStar Ultra 9003/HB2 H4 Headlamp, Jardine Fwd Controls,
Iridiums DPR7EIX-9 & Wires, Tuxedo Mod, Coil Mod, P/U Sensor Mod, Fork Seals,
Splines Lubed - 11/4/2012 - MF AGM Battery
Additional Flashing LED Brake Light on Trunk
Dampers went out @ 13+K !
After TOC MCCT's..... so amazingly quiet I discovered a rattling heat shield on my stock exhaust !
...have a vulcan good day!

Last edited by WilliamTech; 05-22-2014 at 09:17 PM.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-22-2014, 10:05 PM

Quote:
I was never questioning your charitable ideals. I took your question at face value. I may have a slightly different view point but I do understand your intention. I also agree that some fundraisers only pass on a small percentage of the donations to the proper organization.

Tom
Vulcan 2000
4507 miles
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-22-2014, 10:25 PM Thread Starter
Members who have donated towards server costs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruger View Post
as a "Pope of Hell", I should get my a$$ up there to represent! lol I would love to go to Hell and back again, again. but that being a Sunday, I don't see it happening. if I would have had a little more of a heads up, I might have been able to make it happen. oh well, maybe next year.
Sorry Ruger I shold have posted earlier, but just wasn't sure if I was going to be going or not. I'm also a bit bummed cause I just found out that there will be no Detroit Bike Week this year at all So it's Hell and our gathering that are the only bike related events it looks like I'll be going to this summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan2000 View Post

Stone Poet, good to see you back posting.
Thanks Vulcan, yeah I'm around just crazy busy, actually recently just got finished doing a 1200 mile ride down to NC.

Quote:

Mike I'm only going as and excuse to to do something that day first of all. Also as for the charitable element here is my perspective.

I've been an organizer for years, over this time I've have worked on my events that were fundraisers for something or another. I also donate our of pocket to many things, as well as in-kind. You are somewhat correct as for the small portion actually going to the cause, but that is not always the case. Also, look at it this way many fundraisers are sold more on the event rather than the fundraising itself, and often times that's just an added bonus to let people know there is a purpose behind the event. Many fundraiser events bring out people in a social way to have a good time, and these people may not actually be people who would actually reach in their pockets to donate to a cause directly. I'm in the midst of seting up some fundraisers for the Poetry Slam Team at the moment. I can assure you we raise more money this way rather than just asking for donations. Hell, in April we had our Slam finals, it was a fundraiser for us. People bought tickets to come see a show, and after expenses we still brought in over $1700. There is no way we would have gotten that much money in 1 day had we just asked for donations alone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement