Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Anyone In Michigan?

14K views 54 replies 31 participants last post by  gidaeon 
#1 ·
New to the forum, I own an '06 VN750. Just curious if anyone else was in the southern Michigan/northern Indiana area?
I'm near Battle Creek, MI

#2 ·
Not up there in your neck of the woods, but I've been there. Lived in Michigan for most of my school dayz. Lived in Dexter, near Ann Arbor for a few years. Been to Battle Creek many times and visited the Kellog factory there (I think it's there) a few times. Also lived in Pellston, way up north for several years. I miss the weather. Gets too hot down here!

Welcome to the forum! You might want to open a thread to introduce yourself in the Newbie forum so everyone can see you better! Congrats on your new 06, the last one made!

#3 ·
Another Michigander

Hi............I live a tad bit North of you, in Ludington. I also bought a 2006 VN750, & have just over 1000 miles so far. If you are ever up this way, stop in & say hi. We are the Arctic Cat--Polaris---Stihl dealer just South of Ludington on the old highway about 6 mi. South.

Tcat1000
skyking1@t-one.net

#5 ·
Somewhere in the middle

I'm in Grand Rapids, Michigan. I have been riding around Holland, Grand Haven, Muskegon, White Cloud, and the Lansing areas. I am looking to branch out, as soon as I can figure out what I would do if I got a flat tire.

#6 ·
Baldwin Michigan Bike Event last weekend

Just curious - Did anyone else make it to the "Blessing of the Bikes" in Baldwin, Michigan on May 19-20?

John

#7 ·
Hey all, I'm in the Grand Rapids area also.

#8 ·
Hey All MichiGANDERS, I to am a loyal northerner. Im in Sterling North of Bay City South of West Branch. Just got back in riding and Im on a 86 VN750.Runs good but looks bad.. I believe it was twice. Winter project,Clear Vetter windshield, Cobra Slants, Bags to arrive next week as I just purchased on E-Bay. Talk with any and all soon I hope. Any questions about Amsoil please contact myself. Later!!

#11 ·
I grew up in the little town of North Star (40 miles north of Lansing). Came to Wy with the military, got my Mich. viet nam bonus check and changed my home of records the day I cashed it. I have not regretted calling Wy. home. I still have friends and family that live back there so every 5 or so years I go back.

#17 ·
not much wind on the zilw.bridge, you should try the big M . its fun riding across on the part with gratting on it . you look down and all you see is water. its an adventure in its self. the wife had a death lock on my arms untill we got over the bridge and on solid ground in the u.p.

#24 ·
I'm out in the sticks between Lansing and GR. I've also lived in GR, Battle Creek, and Ypsi. I've dated girls from Monroe, Adrian, Albion, Mt. Pleasant, and Ludington. I currently work for a bank that has 100+ branches around the state, so that leads to some trips too. I've covered a pretty good part of the lower peninsula, just not on my bike (yet).

#25 ·
I live between Grand Rapids and Lansing and commute to GR every day for work.
As to the flat tire issue I carry tire plugs and a CO2 bike tire inflator with a couple extra CO2 canisters. Works great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Motorcycle.com Free App

#26 ·
Hanging in Dearborn. We should try to get together somewhere in between, say Flint, or Lansing? Maybe do a ride, then hang at a park? Just a thought.

We could call ourselves the Mittens, or the Michigan kaws. JK :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.