Frankenmuth BIKE FEST! - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Great Lakes Region IL, IN, IA, MI, MN, MO, OH, WI

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-21-2010, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
Jack of all trades

Frankenmuth BIKE FEST!

I got a chance to go to the Frankenmuth Bike Fest today (8/21/10) and I have got to say that I hope that it did well enough this year for them to bring it back and keep doing it. It was a little iffy on the weather reports, but it ended up being a beautiful day. For the $2 to get it, it was cool just to see so many bikes and a few vendors. Next year they should pick a better weekend to hold it on, one with not so many events going on at the same time (Woodward dream cruise, and the bike rally in fowlerville). All in all, I wish I could have ridden up on the bike, but with no rain gear, the misses and I would have been awfully soggy on the hour and a half ride down the freeway. As you might expect, there were quite a few (85%) Harleys of various models. I did however see 2 Vn7XXs one was a really clean black one pretty stock as far as I could see, with a nice set of luggage. The other was a black one with an ear shave looked like it was on its way to being bobbed out. Like I said, I was kicking myself for not just sucking it up and riding out myself, but we had a fun time. And if you have never seen a biker rodeo, you need to find one quick and check it out, that was awesome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 07:41 AM

Sounds like a good time. I didn't even know this was going on. How did you find out about it?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
Jack of all trades

the wife and i ride up every few weeks. its just nice to get out of cruising the same old spots.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-23-2010, 09:34 PM

The Muth Bike fest

Angell:
I too was at the Muths 1st annual (Joker sponsored )Vintage bike Gathering...That was a mouthfull..I seen the stocker with 7000 miles on it Nice and clean.A friend and member here is letting go of his ???87 vn750 with 3/4000 miles on it..Glenn Moorehead is his name. Tell him I sent whoever ya send to him..Vintage bikes were a breath of rekindled air. Nice to look at but bad memories of old bikes in the 60 that beat your ass up..Member? You must have seen mine but its far from stock. Check out my Profile.Added customized trailer hitch of stainless steel with the Fabrication add of Glenn..Hidden underneath fender.I have pull about 13,000 miles with it as I use it in my work. (golf club repair, Lessons 27 yrs certified Master club builder, also Amsoil Dealer.I was wondering who owned the other two bikes but they must not belong to our family. Hey Keep tankside up.Im in Sterling Mi.48659. Ever up here give a yell..989-329-1225. Amsoil man / Steve B.

Marbled
Pick ups reset
Splines lubed
Kenda Kruz tires 110Frt. / 170 rear
Custom saddle seat
Backrest
1500 classic rear fender
Cobra slants /Custom Made turndowns
Diamond Plate Buffalo Leather Bags
Throttle lock
Front bearings repacked
Front shock oil replaced
Led bulbs
Amp meter
Running Boards
Dial A Jet Carb settings
Gremlin Bell (front mount)
Fully Lubed with Amsoil Lubricants
Trailer hitch / Hidden

Your Local AMSOIL Connection! Cell#989-329-1225
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-24-2010, 07:28 PM Thread Starter
Jack of all trades

Yeah, I do recall seeing your bike. The other two I saw riding around the town, yours was in the lot. The event was cool, but would have been better if I would have ridden up. Yeah man, you are a little ways up there. About 2.5 hours from me.maybe we could meet in the middle some time and say hi.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement