Missing member - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Great Lakes Region IL, IN, IA, MI, MN, MO, OH, WI

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-09-2010, 05:37 PM Thread Starter
Columbus, Ohio
 
jimkonst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 523
iTrader: (2)
 
Missing member

Some of you may remember John Brisson, of Columbus, Ohio. About five months ago he and his dad were injured in a biking accident, I believe in WV, and his dad was badly hurt. The last I heard from John he was recovering, but was going to vist his dad in the hospital, who was more seriously injured in the accident.
I have not heard from John since then(4 Dec 09). I don't know if his father survived, if he still rides, or anything.
Does anybody know what happened to John?


Jim
'95 Kawasaki Concours

Sold my Vulcan




I do LOTS of dumb stuff. Riding is only one of them.
jimkonst is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-10-2010, 12:30 AM
Members who have donated towards server costs
 
denny6006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: InezKY pop.600
Posts: 5,236
iTrader: (9)
     
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimkonst View Post
Some of you may remember John Brisson, of Columbus, Ohio. About five months ago he and his dad were injured in a biking accident, I believe in WV, and his dad was badly hurt. The last I heard from John he was recovering, but was going to vist his dad in the hospital, who was more seriously injured in the accident.
I have not heard from John since then(4 Dec 09). I don't know if his father survived, if he still rides, or anything.
Does anybody know what happened to John?
I remember this Jim but I haven't heard any thing either if you do find out any news post it up or pm me I will do the same, Denny Moore




If you see it on my bike I did it
VROC#30324
92 vn750(sold)
Current ride 05 1500 Classic FI
lovin' the new scoot



Quote:
"When all is said and done,usually more is said than done" UNK
Click on one x and drag to the other to read between them.

Psalm 40:1...
XI waited patiently for the Lord; and he turned unto me, and heard my cry. X
denny6006 is offline  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 04:55 PM
CML
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3
iTrader: (0)
 
I worked with John. He recently quit his job and moved to his parents place in North Carolina.

He told us he hurt his knee while moving furniture which was about the same time as you said he got into a bike crash. He was on desk duty for a good two months while doctors checked him out. So either he lied about moving furniture or he lied about his crash on here. He's never mentioned anything about his father getting hurt. I know John and he can't keep a secret so if his father was really hurt in a bike crash, everyone at work would know about it. He told us his mother is really sick with cancer and that's why he's moving back home. He left his job of 10 years to be with her.
CML is offline  
 
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 07:07 PM
HAWK
 
Ccspinner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Chicago land
Posts: 2,576
iTrader: (9)
 
Send a message via Yahoo to Ccspinner
Something sounds strange there.

Chad Falstad "Hawk"
Vroc #17649
2011 HD Ultra Classic "angel"
2001 Nomad 1500 Sold March 2012
2001 VN 750 "Sold June with 2008 with 21,000""Serinity"
Ccspinner is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 09:48 PM Thread Starter
Columbus, Ohio
 
jimkonst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 523
iTrader: (2)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CML View Post
I worked with John. He recently quit his job and moved to his parents place in North Carolina.

He told us he hurt his knee while moving furniture which was about the same time as you said he got into a bike crash. He was on desk duty for a good two months while doctors checked him out. So either he lied about moving furniture or he lied about his crash on here. He's never mentioned anything about his father getting hurt. I know John and he can't keep a secret so if his father was really hurt in a bike crash, everyone at work would know about it. He told us his mother is really sick with cancer and that's why he's moving back home. He left his job of 10 years to be with her.
Very strange. I only talked with him through PMs. He seemed like a good sort.


Jim
'95 Kawasaki Concours

Sold my Vulcan




I do LOTS of dumb stuff. Riding is only one of them.
jimkonst is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 10:14 PM
CML
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3
iTrader: (0)
 
If you need to contact him, his email is:

[email protected].

Not sure how much he checks it now.

From what I heard (rumor mill at work), he left his car and bike here in Columbus and just stopped making payments on both of them. So it's likely they will get repo'ed at some point in time. He also rented a lot of furniture which he left in his apartment when he left. He even gave away his dog.
CML is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010, 01:13 AM Thread Starter
Columbus, Ohio
 
jimkonst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 523
iTrader: (2)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CML View Post
If you need to contact him, his email is:

[email protected].

Not sure how much he checks it now.

From what I heard (rumor mill at work), he left his car and bike here in Columbus and just stopped making payments on both of them. So it's likely they will get repo'ed at some point in time. He also rented a lot of furniture which he left in his apartment when he left. He even gave away his dog.
Then he probably has started a new life and doesn't need to be reminded of this one. That's too bad, though. He sounded like he would be a good riding buddy.


Jim
'95 Kawasaki Concours

Sold my Vulcan




I do LOTS of dumb stuff. Riding is only one of them.
jimkonst is offline  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010, 01:29 AM
CML
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3
iTrader: (0)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimkonst View Post
Then he probably has started a new life and doesn't need to be reminded of this one. That's too bad, though. He sounded like he would be a good riding buddy.
well I hope he gets reminded of this life he left here. He left his daughter here. For her sake, I hope he comes back every so often to see her.
CML is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010, 02:06 AM Thread Starter
Columbus, Ohio
 
jimkonst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 523
iTrader: (2)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CML View Post
well I hope he gets reminded of this life he left here. He left his daughter here. For her sake, I hope he comes back every so often to see her.
That changes everything. Screw him.


Jim
'95 Kawasaki Concours

Sold my Vulcan




I do LOTS of dumb stuff. Riding is only one of them.
jimkonst is offline  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 08:14 AM
Senior Member
 
LibertyPilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Titusville, New Jersey
Posts: 6,387
iTrader: (0)
   
Maybe someone could hit him up at his e-mail address and just let him know we were asking about him. If he comes back with a reply, great - if not, oh well. Just a thought.
LibertyPilot is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Once registered, your User Name"cannot be changed". We can make exceptions within 7 days, but after that, it is set in stone.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome