My Poor bike - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Great Lakes Region IL, IN, IA, MI, MN, MO, OH, WI

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-26-2009, 05:31 AM Thread Starter

My Poor bike

Took the bike in just before deer season to get the ACCT worked on. Got a call from them said there is way more wrong with it they had to pull the motor and order a bunch of parts. Thank God for extended warrenties. He said I might get it back in 2 weeks. I think Friday I'll head in there to see what the heck is going on.
As long as I get it back for a Christmas day ride that will be cool. Well Christmas day if the weather holds out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-26-2009, 08:17 AM
On His Lady Vulcan

What are they saying is wrong with it?

"You came out of your mom looking like SHlT. She thought you were beautiful. Don't know what scared me most, your looks or her judgment."

Pictures of the "Ladies"
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-26-2009, 09:30 AM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Double that. ?? There's way too many stories here of folks taking their bikes in for something simple and then being taken to the cleaners (well, you have a warranty) for work that might not have been necessary. Too often, these mechanics don't know our bikes.

C

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-26-2009, 10:39 AM
and the Adventure Cycle

Does sound a little fishy. Whatever work they do, be sure to tell 'em you want all the old parts that were replaced, so you have a good idea of what they did and that it was done.

AKA: Tim & 'The Adventure Cycle' VROC #24567, NEVROC, SteelCity VROC

"When life throws you curves,
Aim for the apex."

Author Unknown
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 04:34 AM Thread Starter

Well I took it in for a chattering sound in the rear head that I thought was the Cam Chain Tentioner but they said there was more going on in there. I will be in there at 0900 today to get the full scoup from the tech working on it to see what else may have gone wrong. I want to see all the old parts and look at what they are talking about
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 08:11 AM
On His Lady Vulcan

Betcha a buck they say that you need a valve adjustment, and when they do tell 'em to shove it...LOL

"You came out of your mom looking like SHlT. She thought you were beautiful. Don't know what scared me most, your looks or her judgment."

Pictures of the "Ladies"
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 09:15 AM

yea i bet they have no clue what theyre doing.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 01:54 PM
Columbus, Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkrizan View Post
Betcha a buck they say that you need a valve adjustment, and when they do tell 'em to shove it...LOL
If the warrranty covers it, great, but if (when) they come up with expenses not covered, consider telling them you will pay only for the work you approved.
The danger there is that you will not get your bike back immediately, and might have to threaten them with legal action to get it.
They should not have done any work without your prior approval, unless you authorized them to go look for a problem.

Jim
'95 Kawasaki Concours

Sold my Vulcan

I do LOTS of dumb stuff. Riding is only one of them.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 02:19 PM
On His Lady Vulcan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimkonst View Post
If the warrranty covers it, great, but if (when) they come up with expenses not covered, consider telling them you will pay only for the work you approved.
The danger there is that you will not get your bike back immediately, and might have to threaten them with legal action to get it.
They should not have done any work without your prior approval, unless you authorized them to go look for a problem.
Ummmm...These bikes are self adjusting valves. So theres no such thing as a valve adjustment even if Warranty covers it.... sheeeesh

Pictures of the "Ladies"
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 05:42 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Jim's right; as is wkrizan - you didn't approve the additional work, and I imagine whoever covers the warranty won't want to pay for a "valve adjustment" on self-adjusting valves. Where do you live, Wilddog? Maybe there's someone here who could tell you a little more about the dealership that's supposedly "working" on your bike.

C
Sponsored Links
Advertisement