Looking ride idea's - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Great Lakes Region IL, IN, IA, MI, MN, MO, OH, WI

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 02:44 PM Thread Starter

Looking ride idea's

Hey guys, I am in Whitmore Lake MI and I am looking for ride Idea's. Where are the best burger and pizza joints around the state. I know the best Pizza I have found so far is Lil Peppi's in Somerset MI. What do you guys think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 03:07 PM
Intelligent Redneck

Ride south... as fast as you can. Return in July

Looking at your area on googlemaps and I don't see very many hills.

Last edited by kennyw; 04-01-2009 at 03:10 PM.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

Amen brother. I got to ride the Blue Ridge Parkway 2 years ago and that was cool. Maybe Deals Gap and the Dragon this year, But I was thinking more along the lines of day trips. I only get 1 vacation during the summer but I have every Saturday off

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 01:33 PM
Linkmeister Supreme

Hey WILLDOG, I was just going to welcome you to the forum, then I notice this isn`t the newbie checkin and you joined the forum about 8 months before I did. LOL. I don`t know what the origin of your nickname is, but I like it. It`s catchy and totally different from all the variations on the vn750 that many guys have chosen here.

It sounds like you have to work at finding twisty roads to ride too. Out here on the western Canadian prairies the roads are so flat and straight, you can watch your dog run away for 3 days. <G> I`m hoping to get this broken leg healed up so I can make a 1 or 2 day trip west into British Columbia and the Rockies this summer. I really need to ride someplace where I can get some practice in the curves.

I hope you can find another Vulcaneer to ride with, and you both find some interesting rides close to home. Keep the shiny side up.

Gordon

1991 VN 750 -"Cosmic Lady" or "Bad Girl"?
Purchased May 16, 2008
Approx.19,300km (12,000 miles)

H-D windshield
Relocated R/R
MF-AGM battery
Fiamm Freeway Blaster horns
F&S luggage rack and engine guard
Kury Offset Hiway pegs
July 13, 2016, Riding on the DARKSIDE now, Classic Radial 165/80-15

TOP TEN THINGS A NEW RIDER/OWNER SHOULD DO. Click on link.
https://www.vn750.com/forum/11-vn750-general-discussion/9127-top-ten-items-you-would-suggest-new-owner-do-his-new-ride.html
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 02:57 PM Thread Starter

The origin of the nick name goes back to a personal joke between a friend and I. There are 1 or 2 nice roads over here with a few curves on them but nothing like a moutain road forsure. But to be honest I have always been the black sheep I enjoy the distance and the sights and sound of a ride vs. the highly technical canyon carving rides. I will not turn down a ride like that forsure but it's not normally a concideration. Last summer a friend and I did the Permimetor of Lake Huron and that was a lot of fun seeing all those new places. A few nice folks along the way as well
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-05-2009, 08:56 AM

not too many technical roads here in Mi., atleast any worth a hill of beens . I live in chesterfield, newbaltimore area.i have to leave the city to find any nice roads ( nice for MI i mean ). a lot of back roads up north are nice but now that it is orange barrell season its hard to find a nice road anywhere.
I have been to deals gap/ tail of the dragon twice ( 07/08 ) and i am going again this summer , in the last part of june or the beginning of july . havent set the dates yet.
the past two trips we trailered the bikes down , last year it was so expensive to just get down there i might pack everything i can on the bike and ride there , havent decided yet . depends on how many i can get to go on the trip with me .
let me know if you get down to my area sometimes , we can ride m29 along the lake or something .

DRAGONRIDER
RIDE LONG AND RIDE SAFE
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-05-2009, 09:01 AM

almost forgot , have you tried sonic yet ? its big in the south . unless u like colslaw on your chillie dog dont order everthing on one . last sumer i did and to my surprise the put everything on it that i like and colslaw. it sat like a rock , buy the time i got back to the cabin i had to sit down and let it settle .

DRAGONRIDER
RIDE LONG AND RIDE SAFE

Last edited by dragonrider; 04-06-2009 at 03:08 PM.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 10:10 AM Thread Starter

I just saw something called Joe's Gizzards in Potterville Mi. They have a Deep Fried Hamburger. I think that might be a cool ride thru the countryside. I have not tried the sonic Burgers yet
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 11:48 AM
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

you may want to check out "The Ride 'n' Roll Summer Long Dice Run" from "Ridin On Magazine" as of right now there will be over 135 places to stop at! check it out at....
www.ridinon.com
click on the magazine cover and then go to page 8 & 9, for details.
this might give you some ideas of places to ride to or if you really want to, you could just do the ride!
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 12:25 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

I've heard the pizza at Zukey Lake Tavern is pretty good, but that's not much of a ride for you is it? LOL

Last edited by 750Doug; 04-20-2009 at 05:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement