Time to start the year right (clear & strong) - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Northeast Region CT, DE, ME, MA, MD, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT

15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-03-2016, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
2000 VN 750 Senior Member

Time to start the year right (clear & strong)

Like many others, I have been hit with too much bad news of late and needed to make an attempt to get myself clear and strong again. I am getting tired of the doctor appointments for myself and watching tragedy hit too close to home. Over and over again there are people loosing their lives for no good reason. I made a call last night to a buddy to possibly take a ride this morning for breakfast. He was willing so the meet up location and time was set. I got my winter gear all laid out last night and then looked at the weather predictions and wondered if what was laying before me was going to keep me warm enough. After a bit of time I decided that at least I was in a position to feel the cold and this was something I was choosing to do of my own choice. Too many people don't have that choice now but were with us just a few short weeks ago. When I read OleDirtyDocs thread this morning I knew I had to ride and get myself strong for myself and some others that need me. We have to live today and experience life before it is gone. None of us knows when that will be so enjoy today and stay stong. I rode today with thoughts of a friend that took his own life the day after Christmas. His decision was heavily influenced by his cousin that did the same two weeks previous which was preceded by a third cousin that passed away two months ago due to a serious illness. It was said that the last two found out they had the same illness and didn't want to suffer as they witnessed with the first cousin. Life isn't always fair as I know first hand from the loss of my son but it is all we have at times. We all have difficult situations but lets find some happiness to enjoy when we can such as riding when it is just 30 degrees before the wind chill factor. Breathe in the chilled fresh air and let it blow out the negativities we have even if for just a few hours. Riding is what we love and enjoy so get out when you can not matter the temperature but remain safe above all else.

I feel much stronger and clearer now. Try it.

and always remember, "Ride until you rot!"
**Really not sure if the Big "C" is back right now
but having to face the fact that this is a lifetime routine
going forward. Five operations done and it still continues.

Tom
Vulcan 2000
New ride: 2009 Victory Vision Arlen Ness Signature Series
4507 miles

Last edited by Vulcan2000; 01-03-2016 at 01:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-03-2016, 02:35 PM
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

thank you Vulcan2000, for your kind, encouraging, inspirational words and good vibes.

I hope you enjoy your ride.

as for me, I won't get to ride until April, maybe March, if I'm lucky. but, one thing I can do, that I do love just as much (or maybe even more) as riding, is to have a good day at the range. although, I love hitting the outdoor range, that too will not happen. so, I will have to settle for the indoor range.

oh BLAST!......I just noticed, this was posted under the "Northeast Region". BLAST! still one state TOO far to the left!
OleDirtyDoc likes this.

if it goes vroom or boom, I LIKE IT!

Last edited by ruger; 01-03-2016 at 02:39 PM.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-03-2016, 03:07 PM
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to OleDirtyDoc
That is what I meant last night when I said let go and fly like the bird I am.I completely know the feeling of riding in the cold.thanks for being there and understanding, Brother Tom

ONE RATS ASS GIVEN PER POST
Support your local FREEBIRDS MC
1986/5 Vn700/750 Frankenfook cross eyed bitch "Mellisa Fayhe"
I am a BIKER and i'm proud.FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY

lowered with progessive 412 10" shocks
rejetted for K/N Pods part#rc 2340
sportster seat

'I didn't lose my mind.i gave it away

BRING BACK WOLFIE."Peace and Carrots"RIP
"And I'm free...as a bird"John Lennon Free as a Bird
"I only carry when I have my pants on"Joe Robinson RIP aka Old Dog

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-03-2016, 03:08 PM
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruger View Post
thank you Vulcan2000, for your kind, encouraging, inspirational words and good vibes.

as for me, I won't get to ride until April, maybe March, if I'm lucky. but, one thing I can do, that I do love just as much (or maybe even more) as riding, is to have a good day at the range. although, I love hitting the outdoor range, that too will not happen. so, I will have to settle for the indoor range.

oh BLAST!......I just noticed, this was posted under the "Northeast Region". BLAST! still one state TOO far to the left!
Hey your northeast of somewhere, right?thank you as well,Brother Ruger.

sportster seat

post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-03-2016, 05:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruger View Post

I did enjoy my ride and ended up doing some extra miles when my buddy and I split up to head back to our respective homes. It was great to be out in the wind again and the last few weeks I have been trying to get some miles in every chance I get.

Recently picked up a muzzle loader and haven't tried it out as yet. I will be restricted to the outdoor range myself with that but it will still be enjoyable I believe.

As for this being under the "Northeast Region", we took a vote and decided to give you honorary "Northeast Long Distance" status so it is all cool. I am still hoping that one of these days we all get a chance to meet up someplace and do the long awaited face and name connection.

Ride safe and often with the very best of the new year for all.
OleDirtyDoc likes this.

Tom
Vulcan 2000
4507 miles
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-03-2016, 05:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleDirtyDoc View Post
That is what I meant last night when I said let go and fly like the bird I am.I completely know the feeling of riding in the cold.thanks for being there and understanding, Brother Tom
My thoughts, prayers and best wishes continue for you, Brother, as always.
OleDirtyDoc likes this.

Tom
Vulcan 2000
4507 miles
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-03-2016, 07:08 PM
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan2000 View Post
My thoughts, prayers and best wishes continue for you, Brother, as always.
And mine are always with you as well,Brother

sportster seat

post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-03-2016, 07:34 PM
Linkmeister Supreme

Well ruger, I am only about 3,000 miles NW of the NE Region, but I am still going to respond to Tom's opening post anyway.

I wish I could get out for a ride now, but we have enough snow and ice on the roads to make that a very bad idea at the moment. The temps are just above freezing right now, but it was down to minus 19*C (about 3*F below zero), without counting wind chill, a couple of mornings last week when I was loading the truck.

I feel great sorrow for those who die as a result of abusing drugs and or alcohol.
I feel even worse for the family and friends who they leave behind grieving for them.

My religious beliefs teach me that we all lived as spiritual beings, sons and daughters of a Heavenly Father and Mother, before we were born into mortality. Our time here on earth is a time to learn and prepare to return to live with them. Jesus Christ was the first born of their spiritual children in the pre-mortal life, and the only one who was born on earth of a mortal mother and an immortal father. He was the only one who lived without sin and was thus able to die and take our sins upon himself in the Garden and upon the Cross and atone for them if we confess and repent.

There are different degrees of glory in the heavens after this life. Those who take their own life here will not find relief in death, but will still have the same cravings and addictions, but not have their body to help overcome them.

I have read many books with stories from people who have had near death experiences. Most of these experiences have happened to people who are not members of my church, some who had no particular religion but have seen and heard things while out of their bodies and returned to share what they saw. Many of their experiences coincide with what I have been taught since I was a child, and confirm what I already believe.

So if I call one of you a brother or sister, I believe is literally true that we are all brothers and sisters, spiritual sons and daughter of the same Eternal Heavenly Father. Many reading this will not believe as I do, and reject most or all of what I have written. Still I love each of you as brother or sister and want the best for each and every one of you.

I hope that have not offended anyone with anything I have written here, as that was certainly not my intent.

So as brother Tom recommends, get your wind therapy, clear your lungs and your mind.
Prepare for the day ahead. Look for those you can help with a kind word or a hand up today.
Don't just be passive and have a good day.
ACTIVELY MAKE A GOOD DAY!!
OleDirtyDoc, Paulywog and minikrew like this.

Gordon

1991 VN 750 -"Cosmic Lady" or "Bad Girl"?
Purchased May 16, 2008
Approx.19,300km (12,000 miles)

H-D windshield
Relocated R/R
MF-AGM battery
Fiamm Freeway Blaster horns
F&S luggage rack and engine guard
Kury Offset Hiway pegs
July 13, 2016, Riding on the DARKSIDE now, Classic Radial 165/80-15

TOP TEN THINGS A NEW RIDER/OWNER SHOULD DO. Click on link.
https://www.vn750.com/forum/11-vn750-general-discussion/9127-top-ten-items-you-would-suggest-new-owner-do-his-new-ride.html
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-03-2016, 07:43 PM
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY

Garage
I had to put my feet down this morning. And Brother Hoss,you're welcome in our region as well.

sportster seat

post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-03-2016, 11:16 PM Thread Starter

Thank you, Gordon. Your words give us something to think about and don't worry about offending anyone. I am sure your intent is readily understandable to most if not all that take the time to openly read it. Great thoughts to reflect and meditate on for this new beginning of another year.
OleDirtyDoc likes this.

Tom
Vulcan 2000
4507 miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement