Special Early Christmas Presents - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Northeast Region CT, DE, ME, MA, MD, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-13-2015, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
2000 VN 750 Senior Member

Special Early Christmas Presents

The weather here in Jersey is a bit warmer than usual for mid December and so I had to make a choice today. Should I finish off putting the outside decorations and lights up or go for a short ride on the 750? Well my phone showed 70 degrees and a chance of that moving higher so the bike came out since doing the lights during the daytime is difficult since you can't really see the total scene till it gets dark right? That makes sense to you people I am sure. I grabbed the leather jacket and gloves and off I went. First stop was for fuel. Latest price here is $1.69 so I filled up for less than five bucks. (Christmas present number one.) I hit the road and decided to take a quick look for something the wife was asking for that I couldn't seem to find. The first store I went into had it and no lines to check out so it was just ten minutes taken away from my riding. (Christmas present number two.) Riding was beginning to get a bit warm so I stopped and removed the liner from the jacket and got rid of the gloves. The temperatiure was now up to 72 degrees. Traffic was very mild and enjoyable which is a shock this close to the holiday. (Christmas present number three.) I put on about seventy-five miles and came back home to be greeted by the wife that stated she was surprised to see me back so soon. She then asked if she could help me with the outside decorations. I figured I better do it myself and show I was making a real effort as I know she still has a few things to do like bake more cookies.

So riding in mid December with cheap gas, shopping completed, 72 degrees and no traffic, plus a happy wife. How good can life get? Yes Christmas came early for me this year. I hope others were able to enjoy this special time of year.

and always remember, "Ride until you rot!"
**Really not sure if the Big "C" is back right now
but having to face the fact that this is a lifetime routine
going forward. Five operations done and it still continues.

Tom
Vulcan 2000
New ride: 2009 Victory Vision Arlen Ness Signature Series
4507 miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-13-2015, 03:47 PM

Cool

Dec. ride, check. Got 50 miles yesterday, burnin' that seafoam.

74 - check

Light traffic - check (missed the HAZMAT spill by an hour or so)

Cheaper gas - check, $1.79 - 1.82

Happy wife and shopping done... uh-oh.

4 out of 6 ain't bad for me.

2003-21k mi
Shaved w/UniPK92+Stock Jets-TPE/MOSFET-Shinko Tires-AGM batt-bags-chrome-LEDs...more
__________________________________________________ ____________
Repair Manual: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mj7z81..._Catalogue.pdf

Owner's Manual: http://www.mediafire.com/file/nscb5f...ers+Manual.pdf

Last edited by Spockster; 12-13-2015 at 03:49 PM.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-13-2015, 05:02 PM Thread Starter
2000 VN 750 Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spockster View Post

Dec. ride, check. Got 50 miles yesterday, burnin' that seafoam.

74 - check

Light traffic - check (missed the HAZMAT spill by an hour or so)

Cheaper gas - check, $1.79 - 1.82

Happy wife and shopping done... uh-oh.

4 out of 6 ain't bad for me.
If we put that record to a vote here among the guys I am sure you would be considered in the positive. Four out of six ain't bad. (Isn't that a song?) Any way, you just have to enjoy it while it lasts because the weather, price of gas, traffic patterns and wives can change at a moments notice and sometimes without a notice. Enjoy to all and keep riding as long as you can.

and always remember, "Ride until you rot!"
**Really not sure if the Big "C" is back right now
but having to face the fact that this is a lifetime routine
going forward. Five operations done and it still continues.

Tom
Vulcan 2000
New ride: 2009 Victory Vision Arlen Ness Signature Series
4507 miles

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-13-2015, 05:30 PM
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to OleDirtyDoc
Play the song twice

ONE RATS ASS GIVEN PER POST
Support your local FREEBIRDS MC
1986/5 Vn700/750 Frankenfook cross eyed bitch "Mellisa Fayhe"
I am a BIKER and i'm proud.FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY

lowered with progessive 412 10" shocks
rejetted for K/N Pods part#rc 2340
sportster seat

'I didn't lose my mind.i gave it away

BRING BACK WOLFIE."Peace and Carrots"RIP
"And I'm free...as a bird"John Lennon Free as a Bird
"I only carry when I have my pants on"Joe Robinson RIP aka Old Dog
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-13-2015, 06:18 PM

At least for now, gas should continue dropping, oil has been pushing down through the $30 range in the past week or two.

Yep, it's a song ... 2 out of 3 ... I must be just below average by Meatloaf's standards.

I stayed away from our mall area, busiest road in our state and usually goes bumper to bumper for a few miles this time of year. Been a long time since I ventured through that for Christmas. It's fun in the summer traffic though, seven lanes of dodge'em.

100% rain tomorrow, colder next weekend, and the days are still getting shorter!

But if this is an El Nino winter, I like it! We've had only two nights in the teens, lots of days over 50 . Compared to last year, this is totally easy!

2003-21k mi
Shaved w/UniPK92+Stock Jets-TPE/MOSFET-Shinko Tires-AGM batt-bags-chrome-LEDs...more

Last edited by Spockster; 12-18-2015 at 07:12 PM.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-13-2015, 08:49 PM

My trip wasn't on the VN 750 (it's still for sale and spends most of it's time in the garage) but on the Honda ST1300. 200 miles to South Georgia to see my daughter and grandson. I'll return on Tuesday, should be about 8 hours in the saddle all total. The weather couldn't be any better, with slightly cooler temps forecast for the end of the week. People are complaining the warm weather doesn't feel like Christmas. Maybe not, but I sure prefer it over cold and rainy.

"Katie"
2002 VN 750, stock except for accessories
Mustang seat
Super Bright LED brake strobe on trunk
About 25k miles
All drive train maintenance performed, drive shaft coupler replaced
Way more experienced at pulling VN 750 carbs than I ever wanted to be.
TOC ACCT rebuild kits installed
Pick up coil mod
Cooling system flushed, refilled with fresh coolant
Petcock rebuilt
VN sold, current steed Honda ST 1300
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-15-2015, 11:27 AM
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan2000 View Post
The weather here in Jersey is a bit warmer than usual for mid December and so I had to make a choice today. Should I finish off putting the outside decorations and lights up or go for a short ride on the 750? Well my phone showed 70 degrees and a chance of that moving higher so the bike came out since doing the lights during the daytime is difficult since you can't really see the total scene till it gets dark right? That makes sense to you people I am sure. I grabbed the leather jacket and gloves and off I went. First stop was for fuel. Latest price here is $1.69 so I filled up for less than five bucks. (Christmas present number one.) I hit the road and decided to take a quick look for something the wife was asking for that I couldn't seem to find. The first store I went into had it and no lines to check out so it was just ten minutes taken away from my riding. (Christmas present number two.) Riding was beginning to get a bit warm so I stopped and removed the liner from the jacket and got rid of the gloves. The temperatiure was now up to 72 degrees. Traffic was very mild and enjoyable which is a shock this close to the holiday. (Christmas present number three.) I put on about seventy-five miles and came back home to be greeted by the wife that stated she was surprised to see me back so soon. She then asked if she could help me with the outside decorations. I figured I better do it myself and show I was making a real effort as I know she still has a few things to do like bake more cookies.

So riding in mid December with cheap gas, shopping completed, 72 degrees and no traffic, plus a happy wife. How good can life get? Yes Christmas came early for me this year. I hope others were able to enjoy this special time of year.
good for you! glad to hear about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan2000 View Post
If we put that record to a vote here among the guys I am sure you would be considered in the positive. Four out of six ain't bad. (Isn't that a song?) Any way, you just have to enjoy it while it lasts because the weather, price of gas, traffic patterns and wives can change at a moments notice and sometimes without a notice. Enjoy to all and keep riding as long as you can.

ain't that the truth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spockster View Post
At least for now, gas should continue dropping, oil has been pushing down through the $30 range in the past week or two.

Yep, it's a song ... 2 out of 3 ... I must be just below average by Meatloaf's standards.

I stayed away from our mall area, busiest road in our state and usually goes bumper to bumper for a few miles this time of year. Been a long time since I ventured through that for Christmas. It's fun in the summer traffic though, seven lanes of dodge'em.

100% rain tomorrow, colder next weekend, and the days are still getting shorter!

But if this is an El Nino winter, I like it! We've had only two nights in the teens, lots of days over 50 . Compared to last year, this is totally easy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP7NkWU2JVM

I hate to break this to you............but winter hasn't even started yet!

not to worry, we still have 4-5 more months of winter to deal with.

if it goes vroom or boom, I LIKE IT!

Last edited by ruger; 12-15-2015 at 03:20 PM.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-15-2015, 01:38 PM
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to OleDirtyDoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsavant View Post
My trip wasn't on the VN 750 (it's still for sale and spends most of it's time in the garage) but on the Honda ST1300. 200 miles to South Georgia to see my daughter and grandson. I'll return on Tuesday, should be about 8 hours in the saddle all total. The weather couldn't be any better, with slightly cooler temps forecast for the end of the week. People are complaining the warm weather doesn't feel like Christmas. Maybe not, but I sure prefer it over cold and rainy.
I'll even take cold and rainy over cold and icy

ONE RATS ASS GIVEN PER POST
Support your local FREEBIRDS MC
1986/5 Vn700/750 Frankenfook cross eyed bitch "Mellisa Fayhe"
I am a BIKER and i'm proud.FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY

lowered with progessive 412 10" shocks
rejetted for K/N Pods part#rc 2340
sportster seat

'I didn't lose my mind.i gave it away

BRING BACK WOLFIE."Peace and Carrots"RIP
"And I'm free...as a bird"John Lennon Free as a Bird
"I only carry when I have my pants on"Joe Robinson RIP aka Old Dog
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-18-2015, 06:37 PM

Nice,I have yet to put my bike away 1reason is the unseasonally warm weather and2,dont know if the garage my neighbor let me store it last year is going to be torn down,3rd reason is lots of Dr. visits.......so hoping to find a garage space soon. My bro says I can put in S.C. anytime,litle far for me. Enjoy!!😃
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-18-2015, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruger View Post

I hate to break this to you............but winter hasn't even started yet!

not to worry, we still have 4-5 more months of winter to deal with.
Yes but the past two years by this time we were below zero and pushing snow. Some people are mowing their grass around here. I did get a late Dec. ride in 2013, but 2 days later it was -10.

Supposed to get back in the 60s next week. Snow flurries today though!

2003-21k mi

Sponsored Links
Advertisement