rider floor boards - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Northeast Region CT, DE, ME, MA, MD, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013, 12:32 AM Thread Starter
bigwheel53

rider floor boards

Bought a set of passenger floor boards this week.They came off a 2001 1200 voyager.I took the boards off the bracket and cut off the mount and cleaned it up nice.Then I took the pads off the front pegs and aranged the boards on the pegs to see what has to be done to adapt them.Took the rubber off the boards and lined them up where I wanted them and drilled holes that mated with the holes that were in the factory pegs.When I got them lined the way I wanted I had to trim the pegs because they were too wide for the board.I used 5/16 carriage bolts,2" long.Shaved the head flat so it wouldnt create a bump when I put the rubber back on.Had to trim the square thats under the bolt head to help it flush against the board.checked my clearance and bolted them on useing thread lock so they wont come loose.Then I siliconed the board and put the rubber back on and taped the edges down untill the silicone dried.I have to tell you they came out great and look factory and man are they compfortable when riding.If I can figure out how to put pics on this site I will do so..Just remember..dont give up,where theres a will theres a way..Bigwheel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013, 08:32 AM

Garage
If you download your pic on a site like photobucket, snapfish etc. then just copy the url of the picture and then click on the icon in the reply box that says "insert image" paste the url in there and it should post it.

"Show me a man who makes no mistakes, and I'll show you a man who doesn't do things." Theodore Roosevelt."

2007 Victory Kingpin
Current projects - 1986 VN750 & 1988 EL250
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013, 12:24 PM
Old Fart

Garage
Neat, pics be cool.

Many have used the same basic mounting concept to adapt floorboards from other bikes, or built them from scratch using aluminum plate...like these:
http://www.chadsbike.com/floorboards.htm

Just make sure you can still shift and use your brake pedal safely.

If You Are Not Sure If I Am Joking or Not....I AM !!Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knifemaker1954/sets/

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-05-2013, 03:32 PM Thread Starter
bigwheel53

Yeah thats cool..whatever works.I took the carriage bolts and grinded them down pretty flat but not enough to hurt the holding power and put them under the rubber so it looks like a cleaner install.also I put chrome body moulding around the edge to detail them.Im going to work on getting some pics on this thing..Boards look factory..Its all in the detail..
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-06-2013, 08:18 AM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement