Tomorrow April 7 - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Northeast Region CT, DE, ME, MA, MD, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-06-2013, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation Tomorrow April 7

A few of us will be meeting up at the Mountain Rest Inn, in West Milford, NJ...between noon and 1pm Sunday....anybody wanna join us, cmon over...

http://www.rt23.com/links/Mountain_Rest_Inn.html

The Mountain Rest Inn
17 Wooley Rd.
West Milford, New Jersey 07480

Last edited by Wolfie; 04-06-2013 at 08:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-08-2013, 09:53 AM

A great time indeed, got to get the bike out and do something other then house work / yard work for an hour or two.

kenny
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-08-2013, 12:02 PM
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
A few of us will be meeting up at the Mountain Rest Inn, in West Milford, NJ...between noon and 1pm Sunday....anybody wanna join us, cmon over...

http://www.rt23.com/links/Mountain_Rest_Inn.html

The Mountain Rest Inn
17 Wooley Rd.
West Milford, New Jersey 07480
hey Wolf, did I miss something or did you only give a 12hr notice on this?! lol
you know, I need a little more lead time on these get togethers! lol

if it goes vroom or boom, I LIKE IT!

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-08-2013, 01:55 PM Thread Starter

...sorry brother...it was a sperm of the moment thing, lol...other rides we do will hopefully be posted more in advance...

Funny....I aint been there in 30 years, kinda forgot about a few of the curves (I was in Mom's Camry, Merc behind me)...I hit this one curve at about 45 (should have been 30), had my window open....next thing I hear is "scccrrrraaaape !!!"...I looked in the rear view expecting to see Merc on the shoulder or in the woods....nope, he just rode it out on his floorboard, lol...

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-08-2013, 02:34 PM
ass hole extaordinaire

merc remember if one tire on a camry looses grip there are three others to take up the slack but if one on a bike looses grip well you know what could happen and just cause you ride a drifter doesnt mean you have to drift in the corners

glad you made it thru though

Quote:
Originally Posted by denny6006 View Post
Sucks getting old but it beats not getting old.

i got my helmet but it sure makes licking the windows a chore

cell phone number for anyone who needs it 214-516-1738

photobucket link
http://s1066.photobucket.com/user/newrider9984/library/
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-08-2013, 02:53 PM

Garage
It was a fun time....and I forgot that hairpin turn myself.
I gues the VN has better ground clearance because i didn't scrape the pegs, but it did get a little squirly for a second.....lol

Good times and good friends at hole in the wall bar that caters to cowboys and bikers...lol
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-08-2013, 03:37 PM

Quote:
...sorry brother...it was a sperm of the moment thing, lol...other rides we do will hopefully be posted more in advance...

Funny....I aint been there in 30 years, kinda forgot about a few of the curves (I was in Mom's Camry, Merc behind me)...I hit this one curve at about 45 (should have been 30), had my window open....next thing I hear is "scccrrrraaaape !!!"...I looked in the rear view expecting to see Merc on the shoulder or in the woods....nope, he just rode it out on his floorboard, lol...
Its so fun throwing sparks at night on people who ride too close. I can get the boards to scrape by really leaning it in one lane of a road.

Don't know if your eyes focused on my face at that time, but I can tell you it was more of a haha smile then it was a pucker face.

Kenny
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-08-2013, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by new rider 9984 View Post
merc remember if one tire on a camry looses grip there are three others to take up the slack but if one on a bike looses grip well you know what could happen and just cause you ride a drifter doesnt mean you have to drift in the corners

glad you made it thru though
Drift the corners - I wish!

On blue ridge parkway and tail of the dragon I had some nice scrapes. The scrape is like a warning, better shift some weight on that side bozo is what the bike is telling me.

I know, one day it will bite me back. It will likely be gravel or leaves that do it. Possibly target fixation, that in itself is scary ****. A broken in bike tire on dry pavement aint loosing grip, not on a cruiser anyway.

I would much rather go down by my own doing then a car cut in front of me and me not know my bike well enough to make a move, and I die because of it.

I figure if somebody can make their boards scrape on demand, and make um scrape going <5mph at full lock, they know their bike better then most people, and to me that is important.

Now making my fathers peg scrape on his old CB550 was a task, I did that once. Then his VN800 classic has higher pegs then my 800 which were hard to scrape but doable, then he added boards and I can do it almost on demand.

I would love to ride wolifes nicely new painted 750 and see if I can scrape the pegs on that, whadda say wolf?

I rode an 84 750 (think it was 84) I could not get the pegs close to scraping, it feels like a sport bike in the turns compared to the 800 drifter. I was a little reluctant then, as I was a newer rider but now that I know about motorcycle tires and how well they grip, I trust pushing the bars more. But then compared to a GSXR 750 the vn750 feels like a lowered fat boy.

Rain is another thing people flip out about, I do too if it is a light misty rain after a dry spell. Give me a downpour on the bike any day, almost as good as dry pavement after about 30 minutes of good hard rain.

single lane playing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6Jgm..._ShQQ&index=29

scraping a bit... ... 3:00..... 3:57 - right turn(harder to scrape)..... 4:57... 5:09.... 6:13... 6:28 - good one ... 8:10 right....

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...62879280456684

My floor boards fold up which is nice, I had one instance where the floor board came up so much it lifted the arse end of the bike, that was a little spooky. Was racing a gold wing through twisties on rt 23. Gold wing is MUCH more capable, I came out of the s turns first.

I took an advanced riding course, they asked everybody there what they wanted to learn. Some people said stopping better, some people said taking off better, you know normal stuff. He came to me and asked, I said I want to learn how to scrape my right floor board easier. He laughed and said I was in the wrong class.

kenny
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-08-2013, 05:23 PM
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

Quote:
come on Wolf, you know I'm just give you a hard time.

if it goes vroom or boom, I LIKE IT!
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-08-2013, 07:39 PM Thread Starter

Oh, hell ya, I know, bro...besides, I doubt that the Buckeyes wouldda rode all the way here just for the Mountain Rest (although it IS worth it, and they have biker events there too, charity things, BBQs and such)...only place I know of, that if ya bring a backstrap with ya (or any other game), they'll cook it up for ya...how many bar/grilles will do that ?...lol

Now, if you boys wanna come out this way for StrangeDays (July 19-21) combined with the Mountain Rest, thats another story...I even got this red carpet I can lay out (well, it aint all red no more, lol, but close enough) but us boys would give y'all the Grand tour...OCC and the "wonderful" Hudson Valley, and all the best dives, scenery, eateries and attractions. Thats an Ohfishul invite.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement