My A/F Checker / contraption - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Northeast Region CT, DE, ME, MA, MD, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-02-2012, 08:59 AM Thread Starter

My A/F Checker / contraption

While spending time with a few of the Vulcan guys yesterday we stumpled across air/fuel mixtures in our conversation.

I had to show the pictures of the contraption I once set up for my drifter. I did all of this, then adjusted the jets in the carb accordingly. When I went to get it dyno'd the guy asked who did the work, I said I did - he was amazed and said 'dude, its dead on'. Then he went on to say that it leans out just a hair at really high RPM's. But I figure since I am not in the high rpm range for too long it does not bother me, its still 'safe' and does not lean out too much.

anyway I thought some of the folks here would get a kick out of this. Imagine following this bike down the road, for some reason nobody ever tailgated me with this device on there.

http://s376.beta.photobucket.com/use...20AF%20checker

Kenny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-02-2012, 09:09 AM

Garage
impressive!

That would be a sight to see you driving down the road with that attached. If it works then more power to ya! ....pun intended...lol

I think it looks like it could be a mini corn mash still....lol
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-02-2012, 11:07 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc2dgq View Post
impressive!

That would be a sight to see you driving down the road with that attached. If it works then more power to ya! ....pun intended...lol

I think it looks like it could be a mini corn mash still....lol
people have asked me what I was brewing out of the ass of my bike before. I sold the whole set up - I needed the money and was not using it, I had quite the stuff though... LM-1 innovative lambda meter with the LA-3 (i think) adapter which would take various i/o (rpm etc...) I sold it all to my buddy who was starting his own tune shop (mostly dirtbikes and atv's)

It was a fun time, I learned a bunch. I can now tune it pretty close by feel and sound, but its always good to double check your work - too lean = new engine before long.

kenny

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-02-2012, 11:14 AM
..have a vulcan good day!

I need to start calling you Mercury MacGiver !
Are the "Purex" Laundry Soap & the "Choke-Full of Nuts" (on the table in one of the pics) some of the test ingredients you used in that contraption ? LOL )

....curious about it

WilliamTech
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-02-2012, 04:31 PM

...oh....dis here ridge runner definitely sees still parts in thar, lol !!!! But around our area, aint nuthin new, lol....coiled copper pipe that is....

post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-02-2012, 05:32 PM Thread Starter

haha, who knows what was on the table, I had to share with the rest of the family at that time.

If you know your way around photobucket there are lots of funny things in there, not only in the motorcycle album, but referring to motorcycles this is another favorite album of mine, me and the VN800 have come a long way with many lessons...

http://s376.beta.photobucket.com/use...le%20Sprockets

One lesson was that it needs teeth on the sprocket to make it go.

You 750 guys don't have to worry about that nonsense!

Kenny
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-02-2012, 05:56 PM

Hey...........wanna build a project with me up on the mountain ?....me and my buddy had one in Rockland in the early 80s....state land too, lol....
cupla places by me an you both that got some nice cold springs...and we got all the feed corn we need in Sussex and Warwick....hmmmmm....xxxxxxx *hicup*

I know of one, halfway between me and Monroe too...been runnin 10 yrs...

post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-02-2012, 05:56 PM

...oh...Im talkin about biodiesel, btw....ahhh huh....

post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-02-2012, 09:50 PM Thread Starter

I tend to stay in enough trouble with a heavy foot and a tilted wrist. Tilted, not limp. Actually I am taking an online course to get a 2 point reduction - sweet!
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 04:29 PM

....lolol...ya, yer Dad would get ticked at me if I got ya into any trouble anyway...wouldnt want that....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement