Last minute Port Jervis ride - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Northeast Region CT, DE, ME, MA, MD, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-24-2012, 02:36 PM Thread Starter

Last minute Port Jervis ride

All, Just throwing this out there - My buddy called me and said he wanted to take his bike out one more time before he shuts her down for the winter.

I suggested Erie Hotel Port Jervis NY - lunch - for a nice ride through warwick etc.

Meeting by me sunday Nov 25th @ 10am, the Erie does not open kitchen until 11:30 So maybe BS here for a half an hour then head up there, should take about an hour to get to Erie Hotel.

http://www.theeriehotel.com/

I will check this thread this evening - if we get a few riders good - if not - ok.... the place has good food and I like the atmosphere - going to be cool, maybe ill wear my heat.

Kenny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-24-2012, 08:03 PM

Id be there in a heartbeat...ya know that...but on way back from Warwick today, the bike started acting up, and besides, Im flat broke (14cents)...so, enjoy if ya go....
Supposed to be a lil warmer tomorrow than today, but I rode to Warwick and back today at 55 and wasnt too bad....
At least stop by here if ya go....

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-24-2012, 10:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
Id be there in a heartbeat...ya know that...but on way back from Warwick today, the bike started acting up, and besides, Im flat broke (14cents)...so, enjoy if ya go....
Supposed to be a lil warmer tomorrow than today, but I rode to Warwick and back today at 55 and wasnt too bad....
At least stop by here if ya go....
Welp, I can cover your gas and lunch if ya want to come, just hope 14cents makes it to my house....

We will be going over the mountain past the drive in to 94, then to CR1 i think it is, maybe part of 6 i know it by heart but dont know the road #'s or names.

Like I said if you come here i can fill your bike up with some gas I just bought and ill cover your lunch.... your call.

We meet at 10:00am here.

Oh and if you REALLY feel like you need to pay me back, then you can work the splitter next weekend while I shove logs on to it.

Hope you change your mind.

Kenny

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-24-2012, 10:22 PM Thread Starter

Wanted to add: I got the tire snout that you need for your bike BTW - ready to go if you need air too.

kenny
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012, 09:42 AM

Garage
Wish I had seen this earlier....got other plans today, but have fun!
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012, 04:59 PM Thread Starter

it was good but cold. I had an Imperial IPA - 18% it was more like wine, one of those was enough haha.
heated gear still working well!

kenny
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012, 05:33 PM
..have a vulcan good day!

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
it was good but cold. I had an Imperial IPA - 18% it was more like wine, one of those was enough haha.
heated gear still working well!

kenny
ahhhhhhhhh, there is another IPA. You Guy's are killing me...guess I need to take a break from football games to chase some IPA !!

WilliamTech
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-26-2012, 09:36 AM Thread Starter

They had an American IPA too, but after what amounted to like 2 glasses of wine with the 18% one I decided to have a coke haha.

kenny
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-26-2012, 06:19 PM

Sorry I couldnt make it...but my bike just refused to run (it has since). And not sure yet, but I might be needing to split the cases this winter..."somethin" just aint right....
Methinks the oil pump mighta took a dump....

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 08:00 AM

I didn't see this until now but couldn't have made it anyway. I was out ridin dirty on Sunday though. I don't know why I still convince myself that "I'm just going out to start the bike, get the oil hot and keep the battery charged." There hasn't been a single time I've done that and NOT gone for a ride. I went around the loop (up on the highway, off the first exit, and back into the back of my condo development), put the kick stand down, put gloves on, and went back out for an hour and a half. LOL!!! It was a little chilly but that's what gear is for.

Glad you had a good ride man, easy on the 18 percenters huh? LOL!!

Hey, speaking of IPAs, how has no one started a beer thread yet - especially in Autumn/Winter?

Last edited by LibertyPilot; 11-27-2012 at 08:03 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement