Northeast Alert issued !!! Another ride ? - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Northeast Region CT, DE, ME, MA, MD, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 07:05 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation Northeast Alert issued !!! Another ride ?

...thought I was gonna mention another disaster or storm, didnt ya ???...lol....but...NOPERS !!!

Just checked the weather report for my area for Sat, Vet Day, Mon....wow !!!
55 on Sat
63 on Sun
65 on Mon... !!!!!!!!!!! ....go figure !!!

Anybody wanna do another pre Thanksgiving ride, lemme know !!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

Im gonna call Gullys in Newburgh tomorrow to see if theyre gonna have the sides off this weekend.
KC....no vac time right ?...call in sick !!!!....Merc and Dad....gonna be too damn warm to hunt...c'mon !...and damn, wish you were feelin better Tom...

post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 07:57 PM
2000 VN 750 Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
...thought I was gonna mention another disaster or storm, didnt ya ???...lol....but...NOPERS !!!

Just checked the weather report for my area for Sat, Vet Day, Mon....wow !!!
55 on Sat
63 on Sun
65 on Mon... !!!!!!!!!!! ....go figure !!!

Anybody wanna do another pre Thanksgiving ride, lemme know !!!!
I am very tempted to take you up on that ride offer, Wolfie, my Brother. Do we have anyone else ready to accept the possibilities? Right now I am going day to day with work and carrying my well stocked medical bag at all times. Constant monitoring and adjusting dosages throughout the day and night but I am getting back to some kind of normal. At least I can walk to where ever I want without extreme pain and my hands can close and grip things again. I will see how the next day or two goes. I am really itching to ride as soon as possible.

and always remember, "Ride until you rot!"
**Really not sure if the Big "C" is back right now
but having to face the fact that this is a lifetime routine
going forward. Five operations done and it still continues.

Tom
Vulcan 2000
New ride: 2009 Victory Vision Arlen Ness Signature Series
4507 miles

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 10:26 PM

Do not know if I am off on Veterans day, I am busy Sat, however sunday ride for lunch sounds good....Port Jervis - eerie hotel? http://www.theeriehotel.com/ Dad will not be avalible, and I should be working on the wood I got from Sandy, but I would do a lunch Sunday ride....
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 01:55 PM

Garage
I can't commit, but I think I can get out on Sunday possibly.

I have some fabrication work that I need to do for a few members....not to mention cleaning up after the last week.

let me know what you decide to do.

BTW Wolfie....I gotta get up there and have a chat with you about things we previously discussed.
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 02:20 PM Thread Starter

Tom....*siiiigh*...you aint allowed yet....still too much healin to do for a ride way up here. But...choice is up to you. And If ya DO come, you can stay overnight here so's yer not riding as far same day. I got an extra room with a foldout.

Ant, Merc...lemme know...the 3 of us had a nice ride last time...this one would be shorter w/o the Mikey Gallery, PJD, OCC stuff...lunch at Gully's and backroads up and back.

I tried calling Gully's, no answer...hope they didnt get hammered by the storm. But we always got the new OCC Cafe, et al as a backup if needed.

And for anyone interested...Gully's website...

http://gullysnewburgh.com/

post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 03:44 PM

Sunday @ gully's sounds fine, if you ever want to try that Port Jervis ride, it is nice to go through pine island / onion fields then into port jervis. Errie hotel usually gets a few bikers, nice place, decent food. Consider me in for sunday, unless the locusts start to fall from the sky.
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 04:35 PM

Just informed another couple loads of wood is coming, a ride for lunch is about all I can afford (time wise) at this time.
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 04:38 PM Thread Starter

Ive done that ride out County 1 then 6 to Port before. It is nice...usually followed it up w/a ride over Hawks Nest, then some backroads down Oakland Valley Rd to Cuddebackville on 209. Backroads then thru Howells, etc.
Im gonna ask my friend Jack if he's working that day too...he may go. Gonna email the Gullys website for info too, since cant get thru by phone.
Anyone else wanna go, chime in now. If we get one more confirmed, will send a mass mail to the WolfPack list.

Quote:
but I think I can get out on Sunday possibly.
...just lemme know bra...you got my number. With 60+ temps, fabs can wait a day, lol.

Last edited by Wolfie; 11-08-2012 at 04:42 PM.
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 09:39 AM

More items came up for Sunday, Friends pine tree root ball needs to be moved, they need a real saw, I got a real saw, I will help them Sunday.

I will still do lunch, and first leg of ride (to gullys) after that I need to push "home" on the GPS.

Any details of this ride stamped out yet? I may have trouble with computer access on Sat, but if I have to I can always call our Wolf leader.

Kenny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement