End of Season, Chasing the Colors Ride - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Northeast Region CT, DE, ME, MA, MD, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 95 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 09:22 PM Thread Starter

End of Season, Chasing the Colors Ride

Trees here are turnin already, and a few of the Inner Circle of our crew been talking about getting a "last hurrah" ride in...we're thinking Delaware Water Gap, to points north (to the colors) then back....
Date as of now is undecided.
Posting a map of the proposed route, plus a region map in a 60mi radius of the starting point. No need to start at the start, say, if yer in the Scranton area. Just pick us up along the way.
I picked Blairstown, NJ as a start, because its good for the central/so Jersey guys, lower NY guys, and the NYC/LI guys....
This ride also includes a stop at the Bushkill, PA fleamarket/swapmeet.

If anyones interested, post here, add yer name and info to my group list, and post the days yer available. Depending on how far from Blairstown, figure on a full day, although the route isnt that long. But we're lookin breakfast, lunch and mebbe even dinner. Lemme know...

Supposed to be 20. 30, 40, 50

Another note...for any interested...PA has no helmet laws and we'll be on back roads a lot....

Last edited by Wolfie; 09-27-2012 at 09:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 95 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 09:44 PM Thread Starter

Just in case the weather gets really crappy before we do this, Im proposing an alternate group lunch/dinner...we'll reserve a place at a restaurant/diner with a big table, eat, have a few, and then talk about plans for next season.
Good way to meet some of the newer guys too....those far can bring their cages, those close can ride. Your choice.
I'll still be making shorter rides until after the first snow, but fer a successful group ride, weather should be good, else the newer guys wont come back, lol.
This lunch/dinner thing is just an alternate, and if we make the Gap ride, we can still do this get together the month after.

post #3 of 95 (permalink) Old 09-28-2012, 12:24 PM

Garage
Sounds like a nice ride! The only weekend I am not able to ride would be OCT 13-14. and NOV 17-18...if we drag it out that far...lol

I like the Meet-and-greet idea of dinner at a diner. Let me know what you decide.

post #4 of 95 (permalink) Old 09-28-2012, 05:44 PM Thread Starter

Im gonna wait to see who responds with dates available, then shoot fer the date most can do. Its the end of Sept now, so I best hear some yelps from the rest of the Wolf Pack, else will be just the Usual Suspects, which is fine by me too. What the F is up with that NYC crew ?...they say they wanna go on rides, but ?????????? I figured this'd be nice for em since its a buzz out Rt 80....easy....
And ya can ferget a long ride in Nov brother, for me anyway...a shorty, ok...the damage I got from frostbite yrs ago prevents me. But would be a great time for that group dinner I mentioned. Is Jorgensens on 23 still around ?...that'd be cool...
Oh, btw...got a present fer ya next time yer up...them grips are off, and Im makin ya a heel heat shield, now that I got a welder....

post #5 of 95 (permalink) Old 09-28-2012, 09:57 PM
2000 VN 750 Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc2dgq View Post
Sounds like a nice ride! The only weekend I am not able to ride would be OCT 13-14. and NOV 17-18...if we drag it out that far...lol

I like the Meet-and-greet idea of dinner at a diner. Let me know what you decide.
OCT 20-21 looks good for me so far for a good ride. I am away on OCT 6-7 and again OCT 13-14.

and always remember, "Ride until you rot!"
**Really not sure if the Big "C" is back right now
but having to face the fact that this is a lifetime routine
going forward. Five operations done and it still continues.

Tom
Vulcan 2000
New ride: 2009 Victory Vision Arlen Ness Signature Series
4507 miles
post #6 of 95 (permalink) Old 09-29-2012, 11:29 AM Thread Starter

So tentatively, lets say Oct 20-21 then...unless things change. Earlier wouldda been better, IMO (warmer ?...lol), but we can manage...if its pretty chilly, we can forget the ride up to Hawley, and just go straight from the Gap toward Milford on 209 then. Will make for a shorter ride, but still a nice one !

post #7 of 95 (permalink) Old 09-29-2012, 03:22 PM

There seems to be a whole lot of interest in rides by many but very little actual committment when the time comes to set a date or actually ride. I am still hoping that we can get more than just the usual riders for this one.

Tom
Vulcan 2000
4507 miles
post #8 of 95 (permalink) Old 09-29-2012, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

Me too brother....I'd like to see a group of 10-12...since we decided on this date pretty much, gonna PM/mail a few others on my list that may not have seen this...but hey, if its just us 3, sobeit...we'll still have a great time, and you know we will....

post #9 of 95 (permalink) Old 09-29-2012, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
Me too brother....I'd like to see a group of 10-12...since we decided on this date pretty much, gonna PM/mail a few others on my list that may not have seen this...but hey, if its just us 3, sobeit...we'll still have a great time, and you know we will....
Keep Anthony and I in the loop as to which members you contact. Maybe we can contact a few more that we may know of and increase the group a bit.

Tom
Vulcan 2000
4507 miles
post #10 of 95 (permalink) Old 10-01-2012, 11:08 AM Thread Starter

Will do Tom...but I still dont have yer email addy....

OCTOBER 2012: temperature 54 (2 below avg.); precipitation 3" (0.5" below avg.);
Oct 1-4: Showers, warm;
Oct 5-8: Sunny, cool;
Oct 9-11: Showers, warm;
Oct 12-17: Sunny, cool;
Oct 18-24: Rain, then sunny, cool;
Oct 25-27: Show-ers, warm;
Oct 28-31: Sunny, cold.

Old Farmer's Almanac

Sponsored Links
Advertisement