Aluminum welding NY/NJ - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Northeast Region CT, DE, ME, MA, MD, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-26-2012, 07:55 PM Thread Starter

Aluminum welding NY/NJ

Well, my buddy Jack...no, BROTHER Jack (KC and VoipDoc met him), is getting a roll of wire for the welder specifically for aluminum....dudes...this opens up endless possibilities....was giving him welding lessons tonight, and after about an hour, wasnt doing too bad...so, just mentioned to him about how much aluminum is on bikes nowadays too...he's gonna get the wire...so, if ya need some aluminum welded, lemme know...but yer gonna have to pay Jack fer the wire, seriously...my labor is free (well, bring a cupla tallboys fer me)...

I almost have the EN stripped now...honestly, its a sweet frame...single wishbone, which I like...not like the joke thats on ours....I may keep the frame after all, with engine, and do a build...once I cut all the BS tabs off, this frame is perfect for a rigid !!!

If I can set up a 220 line to my garage, I have a chunk of elect baseboard to throw into there....could be fun this winter if all comes together....*weg*

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-06-2012, 08:19 PM

I welded aluminum once, it was fun, pre heat and watch out for warp etc... when you need an extra hand on the electric to garage, find me. I will assist.

kenny
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-06-2012, 08:50 PM Thread Starter

Hoping its just a matter of pulling greased wire thru an existing conduit...I have an electrician friend who works fer beer and trades sometimes too, to hook up to the spares on my box...
Oh...btw...this welder cant do alum after all...gotta have the argon....or a DC stick with the right rods....he's talking about gettin one of them too though....
Ya can gimme a hand making room though, so's I can make a fabrication shop... ....feed ya too....lol...Wolfie burgers, and then some....

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 12:51 PM

I am hoping that November starts to clear up.... I now have october booked and possibly first weekend in nov may be booked too. I keep pretty busy but love to help (part of why I stay busy I think hehe).

If you give me a wolfie burger I can have 3 days of work done in 2 hours.

Kenny
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 01:17 PM Thread Starter

...I add kimchee to em now too....lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement