Roar to the Shore Wildwood, NJ 9/6 - 9/9 - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Northeast Region CT, DE, ME, MA, MD, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
2000 VN 750 Senior Member

Roar to the Shore Wildwood, NJ 9/6 - 9/9

The Roar to the Shore bike rally is coming up in Wildwood, New Jersey very soon. It is one of the larger gatherings in the Northeast. It runs from Thursday, Sept. 6 to Sunday, Sept. 9. Several members have expressed interest in being there at least for one day if not all. If anyone is interested in getting together while down there for a ride or whatever let me know and we can exchange some information and make some loose plans for now. There should be a large number of vendors and events the entire time and for anyone that has never gone to a rally of this size it is a great experience within minimal riding distance for many. I believe the four or five day ride to Sturgis or a trip to Daytona may hold some people back from attending those bigger events. See the website: www.roartotheshoreonline.com for more information about the daily events. Last year was my first time attending this one and I had a great time. I hope we can get some more riders there and enjoy some riding time and good times.

and always remember, "Ride until you rot!"
**Really not sure if the Big "C" is back right now
but having to face the fact that this is a lifetime routine
going forward. Five operations done and it still continues.

Tom
Vulcan 2000
New ride: 2009 Victory Vision Arlen Ness Signature Series
4507 miles

Last edited by Vulcan2000; 08-21-2012 at 09:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012, 10:04 PM

I'd love to Tom, as I aint been to the Jersey shore in 36 yrs...used to do Seaside, Lakewood, etc...methinks this is a lil far for both my 85 and my old spine, lol...damn...mebbe I can talk Merc into trailering....me, him and KC...if KC can git parole.... ...
Id even do the ride all the way back (backroads/solo), long as I dint have to on way down....
Damn this sounds good bro !....we GOTTA have a last hurrah for the season !...they let ya sleep on the beach there ??? Or did the suits change that ?...used to be great sleeping on the beach at Seaside...

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-22-2012, 08:25 AM

I'm going to try my best to go but won't make any guarantees. I get back from a week in Paris that Friday, 7-Sept. I'm just not sure a 3 hour ride and crazy jet lag is a safe combination. It sucks too because I have a place down there right in North Wildwood...

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 09:10 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyPilot View Post
I'm going to try my best to go but won't make any guarantees. I get back from a week in Paris that Friday, 7-Sept. I'm just not sure a 3 hour ride and crazy jet lag is a safe combination. It sucks too because I have a place down there right in North Wildwood...
I understand as I spent time in France last year and actually enjoyed it beyond what I am willing to admit to the wife and my daughter. I just got back from Costa Rica last week and that was a good time although they are about to go into their rainy season starting in September. We had rain but still had time to do plenty of things like sea kayaking, zip lining, eco tour with a monkey or a sloth in every other tree. In between the lizards and iguanas were running around so you always had to be looking down and up where ever you were walking plus the huge spiders were about eye level so that added to the whole thing. I even found a scorpion running around at our condo. With all of that it was still a fantastic time.

You have my cell number so give me a call when the time comes and let me know if you can make it or not. It would be fun to some forum members together for a group ride on the main street of Wildwood as most other groups do. We'll get a picture of that to post it here too.

Give me a shout when you are back from France.

Tom
Vulcan 2000
4507 miles
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 12:21 PM

My trailer fits 2, but its loaded with crap right now..... Sept 6th is so far away for me to be thinking about, I just got done with the bathroom, now I moved to outside work, fire wood and yard work - backhoe digging etc... I got my new windshield and the bike is about to become flat black but I have to make time for that.

If you all go - have a blast - I just can't commit.... seems I am more busy then I thought.

Kenny
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 03:41 PM
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to OleDirtyDoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
I'd love to Tom, as I aint been to the Jersey shore in 36 yrs...used to do Seaside, Lakewood, etc...methinks this is a lil far for both my 85 and my old spine, lol...damn...mebbe I can talk Merc into trailering....me, him and KC...if KC can git parole.... ...
Id even do the ride all the way back (backroads/solo), long as I dint have to on way down....
Damn this sounds good bro !....we GOTTA have a last hurrah for the season !...they let ya sleep on the beach there ??? Or did the suits change that ?...used to be great sleeping on the beach at Seaside...
last time i was at seaside was for an after prom party in 90.couldn't go in the water because medical waste was washing up on the shore.damn i miss jersey

ONE RATS ASS GIVEN PER POST
Support your local FREEBIRDS MC
1986/5 Vn700/750 Frankenfook cross eyed bitch "Mellisa Fayhe"
I am a BIKER and i'm proud.FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY

lowered with progessive 412 10" shocks
rejetted for K/N Pods part#rc 2340
sportster seat

'I didn't lose my mind.i gave it away

BRING BACK WOLFIE."Peace and Carrots"RIP
"And I'm free...as a bird"John Lennon Free as a Bird
"I only carry when I have my pants on"Joe Robinson RIP aka Old Dog
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleDirtyDoc View Post
last time i was at seaside was for an after prom party in 90.couldn't go in the water because medical waste was washing up on the shore.damn i miss jersey
Well years ago New Jersey was finally able to get New York to stop dumping their garbage off of the barges at Staten Island and the Arthur Kill so there is minimal medical waste now. I agree that it took too long to correct that problem but the reality is that New York did not want to do anything about what they were allowing to go into the water and it took some real convincing for them to see the light. I guess they were just used to things being a mess like in parts of NYC and could not see the problem.

Tom
Vulcan 2000
4507 miles
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 10:33 PM
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to OleDirtyDoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan2000 View Post
Well years ago New Jersey was finally able to get New York to stop dumping their garbage off of the barges at Staten Island and the Arthur Kill so there is minimal medical waste now. I agree that it took too long to correct that problem but the reality is that New York did not want to do anything about what they were allowing to go into the water and it took some real convincing for them to see the light. I guess they were just used to things being a mess like in parts of NYC and could not see the problem.
i know.most of Jersey is beautiful.i miss the hills of northern Jersey the most

ONE RATS ASS GIVEN PER POST
Support your local FREEBIRDS MC
1986/5 Vn700/750 Frankenfook cross eyed bitch "Mellisa Fayhe"
I am a BIKER and i'm proud.FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY

lowered with progessive 412 10" shocks
rejetted for K/N Pods part#rc 2340
sportster seat

'I didn't lose my mind.i gave it away

BRING BACK WOLFIE."Peace and Carrots"RIP
"And I'm free...as a bird"John Lennon Free as a Bird
"I only carry when I have my pants on"Joe Robinson RIP aka Old Dog
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 01:47 PM

^ Nice save.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 08:06 PM

Quote:
i miss the hills of northern Jersey the most
Then come down to Strange Days next year...I got my azz reamed fer not going....you can stay here overnight if needed....kids gone=extra room, lol....

If I can sell a few of my antique chairs, I may make it down there anyway...never know....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement