Another NY/NJ ride idea...Air Show... - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Northeast Region CT, DE, ME, MA, MD, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 08:50 PM Thread Starter

Another NY/NJ ride idea...Air Show...

http://greenwoodlakeairshow.com/

Wouldnt be much of a ride for KC, Merc and meself, but would be a great time and we could combine it with a dinner at the Mountain Rest in West Milford, NJ...day trip at most fer sure....mebbe do a ride along Clinton Road and such on the way (Clinton Rd is haunted, btw...), so not for the skitterish...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 09:35 PM
2000 VN 750 Senior Member

I liked your earlier suggestion for a Water Gap ride although this also sounds pretty good. The Gap ride may appeal to a larger group by drawing from NY, NJ and PA. Once I get back from Costa Rica I will get in touch with you and Anthony so we can set up something again. I am sorry I missed the last trip to OCC since I was the one that was really interested in the destination. I would love to see a group of about ten riders for one of these rides. The very first one to Buttzville, New Jersey was seven or eight I believe. We went to Hot Dog Johnny's. Taalk to you soon.

and always remember, "Ride until you rot!"
**Really not sure if the Big "C" is back right now
but having to face the fact that this is a lifetime routine
going forward. Five operations done and it still continues.

Tom
Vulcan 2000
New ride: 2009 Victory Vision Arlen Ness Signature Series
4507 miles
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 09:01 AM

I went to hot dog johnny's I love birch beer! Dogs were good too....

Wolfie, there is also the power boats race coming up in sept.... if folks want to do that.

I am just throwing stuff out there. I keep pretty busy but if I am around I would do one of these.

the power boats races are at the south side of the lake @ browns point.

Kenny

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 12:18 PM

Garage
Having a family function on that Saturday. My brother Left LA today on his crossbones and I expect he should arrive here around Wednesday of next week.

Maybe we can come up on Sunday to check out the show.

If Tom wants to do the OCC ride, I am game to do that one again too.....

I don't need a real reason if you haven't figured it out by now.....I just want to ride!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 12:41 PM

Im with ya KC, I like to ride, I must say I have been to OCC before and that was the same old song, but Gully's was pretty neat.

There is a nice back way to port jervis, takes about 45 minutes from my house, nice ride through pine island / warwick though, there is a place to eat in PJ as well on jersey ave.... that can be a ride as well... theres all kinds of places to go out there!

kenny
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 02:03 PM
2000 VN 750 Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc2dgq View Post
Having a family function on that Saturday. My brother Left LA today on his crossbones and I expect he should arrive here around Wednesday of next week.

Maybe we can come up on Sunday to check out the show.

If Tom wants to do the OCC ride, I am game to do that one again too.....

I don't need a real reason if you haven't figured it out by now.....I just want to ride!
I am leaving in the morning for Costa Rica and will be gone for a week I will let you know what is happening once I return.

and always remember, "Ride until you rot!"
**Really not sure if the Big "C" is back right now
but having to face the fact that this is a lifetime routine
going forward. Five operations done and it still continues.

Tom
Vulcan 2000
New ride: 2009 Victory Vision Arlen Ness Signature Series
4507 miles
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 03:13 PM Thread Starter

Have a great and safe time Tom !!!!

Quote:
I liked your earlier suggestion for a Water Gap ride although this also sounds pretty good. The Gap ride may appeal to a larger group by drawing from NY, NJ and PA. Once I get back from Costa Rica I will get in touch with you and Anthony so we can set up something again. I am sorry I missed the last trip to OCC since I was the one that was really interested in the destination.
We can do the Gap ride...was hoping to also stop at the Bushkill Flea market..its HUGE !!!
And ya, we can do the OCC thing again Tom.... And again, stopping at Gully's (very reasonable prices, and cute and frisky waitresses...what more can ya want ?)...best to hit OCC on a weekday though, so "mebbe" someone will be in the shop, lol...
Not sure I'd be much into the boats though...especially if Browns Point has an entry fee...the planes however...waaaaaaaaaaa...theyve been having a B-25 there...flew right over my house once at fairly low level...supposedly, you can get a ride in it...Been thinking about a ride to Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome too...been going there since the 60s...mostly working WW1 and before planes, that fly...and you can take a ride in an open cockpit bipe as well.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement