Northeastish Central New Jerseyians - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Northeast Region CT, DE, ME, MA, MD, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-28-2012, 03:51 PM Thread Starter

Northeastish Central New Jerseyians

Hey, did you guys know there's a Cycle Gear right near us? I'm prolly a lil late to the party but news to me!!! Right in Edison!

2052 Lincoln Highway, Edison, NJ 08817

Who knew!?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-28-2012, 04:09 PM
2000 VN 750 Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyPilot View Post
Hey, did you guys know there's a Cycle Gear right near us? I'm prolly a lil late to the party but news to me!!! Right in Edison!

2052 Lincoln Highway, Edison, NJ 08817

Who knew!?
Yes. I am in and out of that store about every two weeks or so. It is located on Route 27 and not too far off of one of my routes for driving home from work. Also it is about ten minutes from my buddy's welding shop which makes it very convenient. I have gotten to know the staff somewhat and they are pretty good there. I put my name on their regular mailing list and email list so I receive notice of any sale items and they send coupons on a regular schedule. There are some good deals to be had at times especially when you can eliminate shipping costs. You do have to compare prices before hand to be sure but with their email notices and mail circulars that is easy. The return policy is also very good and uncomplicated. It is worth the time to sign up for their sales notices and/or just stopping by on a semi-regular basis if you are in the neighborhood.

and always remember, "Ride until you rot!"
**Really not sure if the Big "C" is back right now
but having to face the fact that this is a lifetime routine
going forward. Five operations done and it still continues.

Tom
Vulcan 2000
New ride: 2009 Victory Vision Arlen Ness Signature Series
4507 miles
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-28-2012, 05:49 PM

Garage
it's news to me too...but then again I don't get out much...lol
So LibertyPilot, what say we go for a ride one of these days and go check it out? Vulcan2000 can meet us there and we can all swap info.

I know Vulcan2000 and I keep talking about meeting up and check each others bikes out so it might be a good reason to get out and get er done...lol

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-28-2012, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc2dgq View Post
it's news to me too...but then again I don't get out much...lol
So LibertyPilot, what say we go for a ride one of these days and go check it out? Vulcan2000 can meet us there and we can all swap info.

I know Vulcan2000 and I keep talking about meeting up and check each others bikes out so it might be a good reason to get out and get er done...lol
I am all in favor and maybe I can get my buddy with the turbo charged diesel trike to meet us or we can swing by his shop. That trike is something to see even though it is not all chromed out and such. It is a well engineered machine and all built from scratch. Let me know when a good time is.

Tom
Vulcan 2000
4507 miles
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-29-2012, 10:05 AM Thread Starter

What are you guys up to this Saturday, 31-Mar? If you're available Tom, I'll likely be in Princeton with the bike anyway. Julz and I could meet you somewhere then just follow you to the store. She needs a ridin' jacket anyway...
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-29-2012, 10:26 AM

Garage
I can probably shake free for a few hours.
PM me and maybe we can arrange to meet up somewhere. I just need an address and a time...have GPS...will travel
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-29-2012, 10:59 AM

Quote:
What are you guys up to this Saturday, 31-Mar? If you're available Tom, I'll likely be in Princeton with the bike anyway. Julz and I could meet you somewhere then just follow you to the store. She needs a ridin' jacket anyway...
This is my weekend off although I may go in on Friday night for a few hours of overtime but will be home by 9:00 AM so there will be no problem on my end. I will also check to see if there are any coupons for women's jackets in my collection. There are several jackets for women on sale in the April mail flyer and I will bring that also. Give me a time and a place to meet you and we can make it all work out.

Tom
Vulcan 2000
4507 miles
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-29-2012, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc2dgq View Post
I can probably shake free for a few hours.
PM me and maybe we can arrange to meet up somewhere. I just need an address and a time...have GPS...will travel
I believe if you came down Rt. 287 to Easton Ave and then started working your way towards Rt. 27 we can meet you without you having to ride to Princeton and then backtrack to Edison or you could take Rt. 287 right to Rt. 27 and come back about one mile to Cycle Gear. It depends on whether you want to get some riding in with the group or not. Let me know what is best and I can give you more detailed directions with landmarks.

Tom
Vulcan 2000
4507 miles
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-29-2012, 12:59 PM Thread Starter

Aight, we're going to try to meet you on Saturday afternoon sometime. She's driving up from Philly Saturday morning (I just learned this) so it's hard to tell when we'll be ready to go. Tom, do you know the Apple Store and Carver's Cafe, two stores in a shopping center right across 206 from the Princeton Airport? It's considered Princeton but it's really just outside. It's right down the street (South bound) from the famous "Tiger's Tail"...

Last edited by LibertyPilot; 03-29-2012 at 01:02 PM.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-29-2012, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Aight, we're going to try to meet you on Saturday afternoon sometime. She's driving up from Philly Saturday morning (I just learned this) so it's hard to tell when we'll be ready to go. Tom, do you know the Apple Store and Carver's Cafe, two stores in a shopping center right across 206 from the Princeton Airport? It's considered Princeton but it's really just outside. It's right down the street (South bound) from the famous "Tiger's Tail"...
Yes. I know the place. Just tell me an approximate time when you figure that out and we will coordinate all the rest with no problem. I will be taking the back way to get there from my house rather than ride into Princeton and then pickup Rt. 206 to the airport area. Is that your home airport for the helicopter? I will contact kc2dgq and work out a place to meet up with him if he is still interested in riding with us and heading to Cycle Gear in Edison.

Tom
Vulcan 2000
4507 miles

Last edited by Vulcan2000; 03-29-2012 at 03:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement