10/30 Open Ride (NJ, PA, NY) - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Northeast Region CT, DE, ME, MA, MD, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-25-2011, 01:21 PM Thread Starter
2000 VN 750 Senior Member

10/30 Open Ride (NJ, PA, NY)

I am looking to see if there is any interest in setting up a ride this coming weekend. Possible destinations could be anywhere in Philly or the surrounding area such as Manayunk or even NYC as the traffic would be lower on a Sunday. Other locations could be the Water Gap, Bear Mountain/Port Jervis or the Jersey shore. I am also open to other destination suggestions. There has been some interest from several members in the past but some how everything falls short at the last minute. Please respond with suggestions and/or interest. I am not sure what this winter season will bring weather wise and would like to enjoy any and all weekends unless there is actual snow on the ground.

Tom
Vulcan 2000
and remember, "Ride till you rot!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-25-2011, 07:27 PM

Mebbe...

If ya plan on N Jersey or S NY State, I may be in. The city is a "no way" for me though. Im a country boy who hates traffic. But the tree colors in Passaic, Sussex Co's in NJ, and Orange in NY are looking great now !
Lemme know if yer heading this way !. Doing a degoat tomorrow, but should be fine then.

post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-25-2011, 09:04 PM Thread Starter

Keep an eye out for this continuing thread and I hope there is some positive interest in setting up a ride. I have heard lots of people asking but in the end there are no takers. Just have to keep putting it out there.

Tom
Vulcan 2000
and remember, "Ride till you rot!"

Last edited by Vulcan2000; 10-26-2011 at 02:07 PM.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-26-2011, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan2000 View Post
Just have to keep putting it out there.

Tom
Vulcan 2000
That's a great attitude, T. And you're totally right. I can't do this Sunday, I'll be in NYC for a concert courtesy of Carrie. If I can make one of these things I will though. Please keep putting it out there.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-26-2011, 02:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyPilot View Post
That's a great attitude, T. And you're totally right. I can't do this Sunday, I'll be in NYC for a concert courtesy of Carrie. If I can make one of these things I will though. Please keep putting it out there.
I know you get into Philly but have you done Manayunk? Found out about that area while my daughter was attending St. Joseph's University on City Ave for her undergraduate studies so it was a short drive from there. We have continued going even after she went on to Johns Hopkins and completed her graduate work. She drives up from Baltimore on occassion and we meet her there. Great place. Enjoy the concert and I hope to get a ride in with you again soon before the white stuff starts shutting down the weekends.

Tom
Vulcan 2000
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-27-2011, 12:25 PM

^ Yup, I used to be in Manayunk all the time. I lived in Conshohocken for 2 years, the night life was in Manayunk. The brew pub on the water is really nice. There's a small bar tucked away in Manayunk somewhere. It's in a converted garage in like this small alley way - you can sit outside. The guy grills all his own stuff, makes his own bbq sauce, the works. He has a giant smoker out front that's constantly smokin' something. The food is so damn good, it's ridiculous. I'm trying to remember the name...
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-27-2011, 06:35 PM

Me and my wife have been making regular trips down kelly drive up into Manayunk. In the summer it was nice to get out by the river for a cool ride.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-27-2011, 07:18 PM Thread Starter

We need to set up a ride to Manayunk sometime soon. It seems there is no interest for this weekend but maybe the following one if it is a little later start in the morning as I work midnight shift every other week. I am still looking for anyone interested in riding this Sunday to just about any where. I just want to put on some miles and enjoy the scenery before the white stuff starts and eliminates my free weekends.

Anyone interested please let me know.

and always remember, "Ride until you rot!"
**Really not sure if the Big "C" is back right now
but having to face the fact that this is a lifetime routine
going forward. Five operations done and it still continues.

Tom
Vulcan 2000
New ride: 2009 Victory Vision Arlen Ness Signature Series
4507 miles
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-28-2011, 10:55 AM

Garage
I was seriously considering this weekend, but it sounds like the white stuff is coming sooner than expected. I will try to keep my next few sundays open in case some others decide to ride.
I am in NNJ in the Wayne area...Morris/Passaic border.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-28-2011, 01:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc2dgq View Post
I was seriously considering this weekend, but it sounds like the white stuff is coming sooner than expected. I will try to keep my next few sundays open in case some others decide to ride.
I am in NNJ in the Wayne area...Morris/Passaic border.
It looks like this weekend will be a wash once again as no one has come forward interested in riding. The snow, if it comes, will be on Saturday and can not last too long as the ground is too warm to maintain it. Sunday is suppose to be warmer and clear so I will be riding someplace just to get out and not waste the day. I don't want to be sitting around in Jan. or Feb. with a foot of snow on the ground and wishing I had taken advantage of the last few weekends of clear roads.

Keep an eye here for any other potential rides or put up a post of your own if you decide to ride in the next several weeks.

and always remember, "Ride until you rot!"
**Really not sure if the Big "C" is back right now
but having to face the fact that this is a lifetime routine
going forward. Five operations done and it still continues.

Tom
Vulcan 2000
New ride: 2009 Victory Vision Arlen Ness Signature Series
4507 miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement