New Jersey Riders - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Northeast Region CT, DE, ME, MA, MD, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-21-2011, 09:24 AM Thread Starter
2000 VN 750 Senior Member

New Jersey Riders

There have been numerous posts regarding NJ riders and meeting members of this group for new rides in the general area. If you are interested in a future initial one day gathering here in NJ combined with a group ride please respond to this post so I can gather some contact information. I am thinking that we can meet for breakfast and then head out for a good ride afterwards. If anyone has a specific meeting place in mind please make suggestions with your response. I ususally meet with a group in Pennington, NJ (Brass Ring) on Sunday mornings and head out for rides along the Delaware River on both the NJ and PA sides. If this brings enough interest we can possibly have other future gatherings starting in different areas of the state. The main idea is to meet like minded riders and enjoy new riding areas. This is all very informal and any suggestions or assistance would be greatly accepted. Please feel free to respond with any contact information you are comfortable with using for future use. I am hoping this can be done in a manner that "newbies" and more experienced rides will enjoy. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-21-2011, 10:08 AM
Members who have donated towards server costs

I'm in. I have a tough time seeing as I rarely get out for rides that aren't standard commute, because most of the rest of the time my wife works so I gotta watch my daughter.

That said, with at least a week or two notice, I could get a babysitter for a saturday or sunday ride.

I'll PM you with my e-mail and phone number.

I live in Morris Plains and am willing to meet just about anywhere in NJ that isn't say further south then say exit 8 on the Turnpike

post #3 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-21-2011, 11:28 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidChaos View Post
I'm in. I have a tough time seeing as I rarely get out for rides that aren't standard commute, because most of the rest of the time my wife works so I gotta watch my daughter.

That said, with at least a week or two notice, I could get a babysitter for a saturday or sunday ride.

I'll PM you with my e-mail and phone number.

I live in Morris Plains and am willing to meet just about anywhere in NJ that isn't say further south then say exit 8 on the Turnpike
Glad to see the quick response and interest. I will keep you updated as things progress. I was thinking that we may be able to have interested riders meet at different locations and then ride onto the main meet location. This may help some that may be riding into unknown locations. Again if anyone has any ideas regarding this whole setup please speak up. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

post #4 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-22-2011, 09:35 AM

I'm in! I live in Clinton which is Central Jersey but a little more North. I live right near 2 enormous reserviors that, as you can imagine, have fantastic riding roads around them.

If some or most can be available with only a weeks notice, maybe we could alternate locations. Put one person who already agreed to ride "in charge" of the meet and have them give the meeting location then lead the ride. If it's too far for you that time, so be it. If you can't make it, so be it. If you can, awesome! That way it would never be the same ride and we could potentially see most of Jersey. The only problem I could see with this is: the coordination becoming cumbersome. Maybe we could run a logistical pilot once or twice and see if it's a nightmare.

Contact info:

E-mail: [email protected]

That address is linked to my phone so no matter what, I'll get it right away. Vulcan2k, I'll PM you my cell just in case. Good idea man!!
post #5 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-22-2011, 06:53 PM Thread Starter

Liberty,

I am just trying to see if there is as much interest as I thought from comments to one of your earlier posts regarding people getting together for a group ride. I am also watching the thread about your longer ride westward. That sounds great but at this time I am not ready for a week or two in the saddle. I hope this Jersey one day ride will get more members together and get riders to see more of the country side that is so close to so many major populated areas. I will keep you in the loop and I look forward to your wisdom with all this. Ride safe and ride often.
post #6 of 78 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 07:50 PM

Im a little late to this post but im in. I also ride with my wife, sister,and brother-in-law. I live in philly so its not to far for us to meet up with you. Ill PM you my info.
post #7 of 78 (permalink) Old 05-18-2011, 01:12 PM

This looks like a possible hook up for me as well. I live in Bethlehem, PA just across the river from Phillipsburg, NJ. I ride along the Delaware river in PA on RT 611 on occassion which doesn't sound too far off from you. Got 2 boys playing soccer but weekend conflict with their games should be over in another month. Keep me posted on plans. Thx.
post #8 of 78 (permalink) Old 05-18-2011, 06:02 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

OK, so let's do this thing. couple of suggestions.

Memorial Day ride - This may be tough for many of you, probably myself too with the family and all, but worth a suggestion.

If not how about a Friday ride, I would take any friday off work over the next month or so for a ride, since I don't get many opportunities to just go ride.

Who's interested?

post #9 of 78 (permalink) Old 05-18-2011, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

I am almost ready as I finished machining the headlight brackets for my bike today. I am going to paint them for now so as to get on the road again. The wait for having them chromed is eight weeks or more at this time so I will put that off till the cold weather returns. I can get by without the light bar up front but that will be a quick fabrication anyway and may still get done within the next week or two. I know LIberty Pilot was also interested in a group ride in the area so if anyone has ideas as to a meeting place just speak up and I am sure we can work out the logistics. I work every other weekend but since I am on the midnight shift I can still get out for daytime rides on work days. I am open to hearing any suggestions.
post #10 of 78 (permalink) Old 05-19-2011, 08:32 AM

I rode 611 with a sportbike buddy a couple weeks ago. That is a phenomenal ride along the river. I met a buddy from this site at the Stewarts on Main Street (Rt. 22). It's a great meeting spot because it's really hard to miss (even though I missed it the first time - LOL). The parking lot is really big so it's good for a bunch of bikes. I can't do Friday 27-May but I could do Sunday the 29th or Monday, Memorial Day. Here's Stewart's address:

Stewart's Root Beer
235 Main Street, Lebanon, NJ
(908) 236-2303
Sponsored Links
Advertisement