Always an Adventure... - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Northeast Region CT, DE, ME, MA, MD, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 09:07 AM Thread Starter

Always an Adventure...

Ok this one will be shorter, I promise.

I'm at dinner with, you guessed it, Carrie. We're reviewing the menu, deciding what looks good. She says, "Ooh they have blackened chicken, don't you like stuff blackened?" "Yeah I do" I reply "but I think with the condition of my stomach right now, if I ate it I'd be effed." I really used the word 'effed' and not the other word.

Still looking at the menu she thoughtlessly says, "You'd be effed huh?" She looks off into the distance for a second, squints, then looks right at me, "Could you imagine if you're name was actually 'Effed'?" I look up at her as an amused smile starts across my face. Is this another soon famous Carrie rant? She continues, "I mean think about it" she starts and its confirmed - its a rant, "if you were in grade school and the teacher asked you what your name was and you answered honestly, 'I'm effed'. The teacher gives you one look and says, 'yeah you are'!"

My smile turns to a laugh as I notice a gentleman behind her at another table cover his mouth with his napkin in attempt to stiffle a chuckle. I know he heard her. She doesn't know he's there - or listening. This is typical Carrie, I'm loving this.

She continues, "...or in business: 'yes we are very interested in your services, with whom am I speaking?' 'Oh I'm Effed.' 'Hmmm, I seeee. Do you have a manager I could speak with who's not'?" My shoulders are now bouncing uncontrollably as tears well up. The entire table behind Carrie has bouncing shoulders as well, they're working hard to keep it quiet. As soon as I notice this the tears start to fall and I'm hysterical.

The waitress comes over to the table and says, "I'm sorry for the wait, can I start you off with-" she stops, looks at me, looks at the table behind Carrie, and quietly asks smiling, "Is everyone ok here?" Carrie quickly says, "Oh yeah we're fine, we were just wondering what would happen" she points right at me "if he was effed." She looks back at the menu like everythings normal and I'm laughing even harder - so is the table behind her - so is the waitress. Carrie calmly and obliviously says, "We're actually going to need a few more minutes, we got a little side tracked." I can't stop laughing, now I'm sweating. Finally she looks up, sees my crimson face, and says, "Jeez it wasn't that funny." Carrie...if you only knew.

Always an adventure...

Last edited by LibertyPilot; 05-11-2010 at 02:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 10:30 AM
On His Lady Vulcan

You got yourself a keeper there Bro...LMAO

"You came out of your mom looking like SHlT. She thought you were beautiful. Don't know what scared me most, your looks or her judgment."

Pictures of the "Ladies"
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 09:32 PM
Linkmeister Supreme

So now the goats belly forum is also dispensing medical care I see.
Isn`t there a proverb that says laughter is good for the heart?
You had tears coming to my eyes LP.

Gordon

1991 VN 750 -"Cosmic Lady" or "Bad Girl"?
Purchased May 16, 2008
Approx.19,300km (12,000 miles)

H-D windshield
Relocated R/R
MF-AGM battery
Fiamm Freeway Blaster horns
F&S luggage rack and engine guard
Kury Offset Hiway pegs
July 13, 2016, Riding on the DARKSIDE now, Classic Radial 165/80-15

TOP TEN THINGS A NEW RIDER/OWNER SHOULD DO. Click on link.
https://www.vn750.com/forum/11-vn750-general-discussion/9127-top-ten-items-you-would-suggest-new-owner-do-his-new-ride.html

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 07:50 AM

Likes your bike, likes your chopper, and is hilarious to boot. Sounds like you have quite the keeper there, LP...

--FA

K.J. "Fire Ant" Lord
VROC #28807
Decatur, TX
'03 VN750 "Serenity"

Rear Turn Signal Relocation
Front Brake Replacement
Spline lube, per Fergy's excellent instructions (that he has posted around here somewhere)
Kevlar Clutch Plates
Metzeler ME880 Tires
Stebel Nautilus Air Horn
ACCTs Rebuilt
Saddlemen Explorer Seat
MCCTs Installed
Kuryakyn Wide Levers Installed
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 10:35 AM Thread Starter

Yeah I think you guys are right. I look forward to hanging out with her because I never know what the hell is going to happen - only that something surely will. I guess I like this one, I seem to talk about her enough! LOL!

Hoss, I think you mean "Regional Forum" but now that you mention it, these "adventures" should probably be in the belly. I wonder if its possible to move them. Maybe I'll just post there from now on - I'm sure there will be plenty more adventures...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement