Sighting right near me! - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Northeast Region CT, DE, ME, MA, MD, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 02:14 PM Thread Starter

Sighting right near me!

Hey I saw a VN750 pulling out of a shopping center on MacDade Blvd and Amosland Road in Ridley PA a couple weeks ago. Looks like you had a female riding 2 up. Anybody here?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 09:43 PM
ExNewbie..Still Learnin'!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyPilot View Post
Hey I saw a VN750 pulling out of a shopping center on MacDade Blvd and Amosland Road in Ridley PA a couple weeks ago. Looks like you had a female riding 2 up. Anybody here?
LP - Are you SURE it wasn't you and Carrie in a reflection from one of the store windows???

'89 Vulcan 750

VROC# 30232

HID Headlamp Conversion
V&H Cruzers (great sound)
Kaw V-Force Windshield
Kaw Rear Luggage Rack
Kaw Engine Guard
VN750.COM Grill Cover
W&M Black Magic Saddlebags
Diehard M/F Battery
R/R Replaced/Relocated
Stator Replaced
Voltmeter Installed
Splines Lubed
Metzler 880 Marathons
Front - 110/90-19
Rear - 170/80-15
Carbs Balanced
Carb Mix Adjusted
Fuel Tank Derusted/Lined/Sealed
NGK Iridium Plugs
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010, 07:56 AM

Wasn't me, but I'm wanting a Carrie update....

--FA

K.J. "Fire Ant" Lord
VROC #28807
Decatur, TX
'03 VN750 "Serenity"

Rear Turn Signal Relocation
Front Brake Replacement
Spline lube, per Fergy's excellent instructions (that he has posted around here somewhere)
Kevlar Clutch Plates
Metzeler ME880 Tires
Stebel Nautilus Air Horn
ACCTs Rebuilt
Saddlemen Explorer Seat
MCCTs Installed
Kuryakyn Wide Levers Installed

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010, 11:33 AM Thread Starter

No it definitely wasn't me and Carrie. I sold the 750 to my buddy Brandon before I met Carrie. Good question though, I'm quite blunder prone.

Carrie and I are still seeing each other as much as we can. We're trying to keep it together but with both our hectic schedules (we're relocating for work) its kinda tough. Its still new so we actually want to see each other. LOL!! We're doing what we can to work it out.

Sawyer and I have been chatting via PM but I don't know if you heard FA. Carrie and I ended up taking the second helo ride finally. I waited for her to bring it up to me so I was sure I wasn't pressuring her. She did on a Saturday morning a few weeks ago. She stopped in the middle of a barage of questions, thinks for a sec, then goes "Wait, can we watch the same sunset twice?" Clever girl. I go "absolutely, you want to give it a shot?" She said yeah so I set it up.

We watched the sunset on the taxi way at the airport then I fired up the bird. I took it real slow and moved as controlled as possible. I look over at her on crosswind turn and she got her eyes closed. I get to 1000 feet and pull into a hover. I go, "Ok, we're stopped. Try to relax, shake it off a little and open your eyes." She does and goes, "wooooow, look at that!"

We sat there and watched the sun go down again and she visibly relaxed. Once it was gone she actually looked down! She goes, "Oh this isn't so bad." Lots of people find night flying less disconcerting than day because they have no idea how high up they are. So we flew around for a little bit and I was asking her if she could identify stuff. She couldn't get the highway right next to her house but she got the shopping mall - LOL!!

When we hang out its a good time. She's really upbeat which I dig but it doesn't stop her from being sharp, which I dig more. Don't get me wrong, she's still a blonde but its manageable. She's kinda loud and outspoken and doesn't always think before doing stuff but its because she's SO curious. It comes across charming though. Still she's is a little clumsy but like I said she's also really pretty. Needless to say, a trip to the corner store for a sandwich is usually an event. She gets ALOT of attention but she's quick so people take to her. She had no problem laughing at herself when she does something stupid which is refreshing. So I guess we're still in the early fun part of the relationship but its going slow because we're both so damn busy. Wait, how is that a bad thing?! LOL!!

Last edited by LibertyPilot; 04-30-2010 at 08:32 AM.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-01-2010, 08:43 AM

Glad to hear that all is going well. Fantastic news, indeed!! I understand the hectic nature of moving, though. I can't stand moving, and hope never to have to do it again!!

Now I need to go out to the garage and figure out why I have fuel leaking from the fuel petcock. Not good...

--FA

K.J. "Fire Ant" Lord
VROC #28807
Decatur, TX
'03 VN750 "Serenity"

Front Brake Replacement
Spline lube, per Fergy's excellent instructions (that he has posted around here somewhere)
Kevlar Clutch Plates
Metzeler ME880 Tires
Stebel Nautilus Air Horn
ACCTs Rebuilt
Saddlemen Explorer Seat
MCCTs Installed
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-03-2010, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

Uh oh, good luck brother...
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-04-2010, 07:45 AM

Looks like the paper-thin rubber coverings on the diaphragm have tears in them which is likely causing the gas to leak out. I've ordered a new diaphragm, but it'll be Thursday before the part arrives at the dealer and Saturday before I can pick it up. Grrrr. Serenity sits in the garage, waiting...

--FA

K.J. "Fire Ant" Lord
VROC #28807
Decatur, TX
'03 VN750 "Serenity"

Front Brake Replacement
Kevlar Clutch Plates
Metzeler ME880 Tires
Stebel Nautilus Air Horn
ACCTs Rebuilt
Saddlemen Explorer Seat
MCCTs Installed
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-04-2010, 09:34 AM Thread Starter

Been there bro, it sucks! It took me 6 weeks to get my bald-n-hell front tire replaced. I called all sorts of shops and got all sorts of static. This one lent his lift out, that one only does sport bikes, the other one only sells tires - I'm like c'mon people, its fricken beautiful out, I wanna ride!! Finally I researched it online, bought the stuff I needed, and did it myself. She's back up and runnin' now but it was a battle...
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-05-2010, 02:13 PM

Nice. When I replaced my tires, I took the wheels off the bike, then took the tires and the wheels into the stealership and had them just put the new tires on the wheels. I then reinstalled the wheels on the bike. Saved me from having to put up with a lot of that crap, but it still cost me a heckuva lot more than it should have, both in time and money.

--FA

K.J. "Fire Ant" Lord
VROC #28807
Decatur, TX
'03 VN750 "Serenity"

Front Brake Replacement
Kevlar Clutch Plates
Metzeler ME880 Tires
Stebel Nautilus Air Horn
ACCTs Rebuilt
Saddlemen Explorer Seat
MCCTs Installed
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-07-2010, 08:01 AM Thread Starter

^ Reeeeeeeeported!!

I hear that FA. I took the wheel off and had the shop around the corner take the old tire off and put the new one on. I even bought the tire before hand. Having them do the tire cost me 25 beans but that was because my good buddy was working that day. 45 otherwise. The majority of the work is getting the wheel off then back on again. You have to have the tool for the axel, the bike jack, the alans, take the breaks off - I did all that. After the tire's on you have to balance it, compress the forks, seat the axel, put the breaks back on - all that. Not sure what the 45 bucks is all about, takes 7 minutes...

Last edited by LibertyPilot; 05-07-2010 at 08:10 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement