Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Just picked up a 1500!

3K views 26 replies 12 participants last post by  Jkidd 
#1 ·
Just picked up a pretty nice Vulcan 1500 (vn1500a10) yesterday. Super pumped about it. Does anyone know of a similar forum to this for those bikes? Or can I stay here....lol.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Congratulations you just bought BUBF, VROC is a good place with plenty of 1500 owners over there.There may be a few of us on here too,no need to wander off completely:rockon:

#9 ·
Please define "cold" in Texas terms for those of us north of you. Many of our more northern members have put their rides in storage already. I am not busting chops as I believe cold and/or hot are relative terms for everyone. Our concept of hot may be your average temp during the spring.

#15 ·
Ahwww. Cold in Texas. I'm cryin in my Shiner Bock...lol My daughter lives there and she busts my chops all winter. But I win in the summer. :motorcycl

#18 ·
Nice bike!
And ur welcome to stay!

And its about -4 last night here in Minnesota! Thats not cold, its f'n freezing.
Wait til we get to the -20s...then we just say its frozen.
Of course our summers up here are great..i think we hit 100 twice..but mostly it was 80-90..and of course we have about 11000 beautiful lakes and tons of gorgeous roads and scenery to ride.

#19 ·
That's kind of cold just ain't right!

Well, got the battery charged and the clutch fixed. The PO put drag bars on it and it causes the clutch master cylinder to leak a little. Just needed a fluid top off...it was really low!

Once the ice and snow are clear, I'll probably run it around the block! It sounds awesome in the garage!

#24 ·
I might eventually look for one.i would really like a Mean Streak though.black n red for me thank you.Liberty Pilot loves his.

#25 ·
The bike does leak some oil. Talked to the PO today about it. It seems to be a relatively recent problem...just needs a "tune up" as he says. He said it was leaking at a oil return pipe. Shouldn't be a big deal, but will probably get it checked out!

#27 ·
I'm not even sure what he refers to as an "oil recycle" hose. Maybe someone can enlighten. I'm seeing a leak at the connection of rear exhaust header to motor. My guess is bad o ring on spark plug tubes...we will see. I don seem to see any oil comin down off the top end of the engine. Then again, I haven't spent a lot of time looking yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.