Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Efi?

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  jworth 
#1 ·
Just wondering if anyone knows of a working EFI conversion kit...i was browsing the forums and came across the thread where Hizzo3 was playing with some ideas and I would love something like that on my ride!

#2 · (Edited)
With all due respect, good luck with that one on the VN750.....:(

A VN750 fuel injection system would obviously require a total rework of the cylinder heads, plus a ground-up design of a new fuel injection system (software mapping, injectors, other parts, etc) and I think this is one reason (among several) why the bike's production was finally killed.

Otherwise, have a happy new year--and only safe rides.

#4 ·
With all due respect, good luck with that one on the VN750.....:(

A VN750 fuel injection system would obviously require a total rework of the cylinder heads, plus a ground-up design of a new fuel injection system (software mapping, injectors, other parts, etc) and I think this is one reason (among several) why the bike's production was finally killed.
Port injection is out of the question, I believe, however, it would be possible to adapt throttle body injection to the bike. You don't have to rework the heads. It's been done on other carbureted bikes. Some parts could be borrowed, but you'd have to come up with your own mapping. Sure would be a lot of work.

#3 ·
Hizzo dissappeared from here awhile ago and we never heard if he got anything for an EFI working for the Vulcan. :doh:

I sent an email to a guy from a KLX Yahoo forum who did this to his dirtbike/dualsport. I'll post back here if I hear anything from him that may help figure out what we'd need to do to get this working on our bike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.