Abate - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 01-14-2006, 07:50 PM Thread Starter
Vulcan Verses

Abate

ABATE stands for A Brotherhood Aimed Toward Education. We are a motorcycle rights group that supports education of the public and the politicians. http://www.abate-il.org If you want to go in, you are welcome. If they give you any grief, I will take offence and ride down and kick Paulie's ass. hehehehe!!! You will get no trouble from them and I encourage you to join. Walk in, tell Paulie that Evan "The Bulldog" Breyn told you about ABATE and that you want to join. Please put my name down so that I get the sign up credit. We are fighting for the rights of all motorcyclists, not just those who ride HD's. Great group of people if you can get past the personal bull**** of a few members. For $25 a year, you cannot get a better investment in your rights on the road. You get a patch, monthly newsletter and knowledge on what is going on in Springfield that affects your right to ride. You should also join the MRF (www.mrf.org). They work on the national level and also are a great investment in your rights to ride.

Hey Stewart, I am not Bulldog but I can answer your question. I am a member of ABATE of PA. It stands for Association of Bikers Aimed Toward Education. It is a Political action group that lobbies the government to protect our rights to ride motorcycles. In Pennsylvania we just had our Manditory Helmet law repealed thanks to ABATE. They are now working on the new Emissions requirements for motorcycles. The EPA wants to put Catilitic converters on motorcycles. Can you imagine sitting in traffic ontop of a catilitic converter at 15,000 degrees plus. Also it will have an effect on the aftermarket exaust industry. There are alot of other items that they work on. Fund raisers for Toys for Tots and other childerens groups. I just got my renual in the mail for ABATE and I am sending in my $25.00 membership fee. They also have rides and meeting like any other motorcycle group. I hope this answered your question. Roy (Viking) Gable Jr 02 VN-750

Great answer... But one thing to consider. ABATE has a different mission in every state and a the names are different too. In Illinois, ABATE is not as active federally as they should be and are concentrating on areas that I don't believe are in the best interest of the street rider. The state ABATE's are run on a state level and are not affiliated with other ABATE's. Some don't even get along too well. ABATE of PA just got their helmet bill over rode which speaks for it's strength and unity. ABATE of IL has been successful in keeping Illinois helmet free. Some ABATE's run their rider education programs and others work on local issues more then federal issues. Some state ABATE's seem to just hold good party's. Depending on which state you live in will depend on what ABATE means. As Roy pointed out, in PA ABATE means Association of Bikers Aimed Toward Education. In Illinois, it means A Brotherhood Aimed Toward Education. In many other states, ABATE means either "A Brotherhood Against Totalitarian Enactments" or"American Bikers Aimed Towards Education.". In Arkansas, it means "Arkansas Bikers Aiming Towards Education". You get the picture... Each ABATE is it's own organization and has it's own mission. While all claim to be friendly toward all makes of motorcycles, I've seen some states lean toward only "American iron" and some chapters discourage metric bikes altogether. I have personally worked toward fixing this situation in Illinois and have been successful at bring this shameful discrimination into the light. I would hope that Stewart joins ABATE of IL so that we can have more members helping guide ABATE of IL on the right path and off the "off-road" issues that I feel we are spending too much time on.

Should you join? HELL YES!!!! Everybody here in this groups should be a member of their state ABATE and of the MRF. They are all we have in the fight for our rights. The AMA is working against the motorcyclist and is in bed with the manufacturers. They are in support of what ever the manufacturers want, like shelf life's for our bikes. Can you imagine having to get rid of your bike because it over 8 years old? How about 5 years old? If you are a member of the AMA, don't renew. Join the MRF (www.mrf.org) and join your local state ABATE. They do make the difference. Ride safe...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread