Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

IT LIVES !!!( re: still puzzled )

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  BSkaggs513 
#1 ·
Hey Everybody,

just an f.y.i., couldn't find time to pull the carbs myself, so I dropped of my bike at the local Kaw shop. They shimmed the jets and re-synched the carbs.. WOW!!!! what a ride. thanks to all of you who posted replies to help me !! you guys are the best. Now one last stupid question... on the rear shocks, how much air pressure should I run in them and on the " dail-a-ride" rear shocks, which number is firm, 1 or 4.

thanks again

Jerry

#2 ·
Rear shock air pressure: From what Ive read and others say on here, it should be 10 % of your weight. So if you weigh 200 lbs. put in 20 psi.
Be very careful airing them up,use a hand pump,you can easily blow the seals.

Dial-a-ride: 1 is the softest, 4 the most firm

#3 ·
If you don't mind, I am curious, what did run for the shop to set up the carbs? My local shop wanted over $300 to r&r and rebuild my carbs. Thanks.

#5 ·
If you adjust the air pressure in the rear shocks, you have to use a zero loss pump. If you use a regular compressor, you may blow seals due to high pressure, and never get pressure right as every time to remove standard air chuck you will lose whatever you put in.

VERY low volume of air is needed.

Jon

#7 ·
#8 ·
I had seen these air balance kits before (and lost the link- thanks), and am very interested in them. Has anyone used them and if so, what did you think?

This kit makes sure the shocks are the same pressure all the time. Anyone who has checked or tried to add air to each shock individually knows the headache of getting the air the same in each.

Anxious to hear feedback.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.