Dent in Tank - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 08:39 PM Thread Starter

Dent in Tank

Try http://www.gadgetjq.com/dentremoval.htm , where I recall Gadget had some good tips for getting little dents out. Good luck, and let us know if was successful

I tried this and it would not work on my tank (small dent). Let me know if it works for you. This works on fuel tank and other dents that don't involve a "crease" in the metal. Purchase a piece of dry ice (frozen c02) at your local liquor store. It should be larger than your dent. Using thick gloves or a towel to hold the ice, apply it to the dented area. Hold the ice in place until frost forms at least an inch beyond the dent all the way around. Remove the ice and place the tank or metal part in the Sun if possible. If the trick works you'll be able to watch the dent vanish before your eyes. This also works to remove many parking lot dents in car doors.

The only thing I would add to this is I have heard it works better if you slightly warm the tank before applying the dry ice. Just a few minutes with a hair dryer, or even leaving it out in the sun for an hour.

I would visit a new car dealer ship and ask who they use for removing dings. There are services like Dent Wizard who can remove 99 to 100% of the dent if the paint is not cracked. It might cost up to $150 but I think its worth it if the dent is gone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread