Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums - View Single Post - (So Cal) Rides this summer
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2013, 01:20 AM
Wolfie

I spent a lil time in a commune in Big Sur in the 70s....never even been SoCal...mean to one day...got lotsa people there I wanna see before I die...but yeah, Solvang is awsome.... a friend makes a trip there yearly for a car show....I could almost live there, but Im sure its big bucks....I mean, from LA, Solvang aint that far....but ya need to do an overnight so's you can eat well (great German food and beer), party a lil, then head back the next day...a day trip there wouldnt cut it, ya know ?....

Dunno if yer a reader, but check out Richard Brautigan (RIP)....excellent writer, left coast....met him once....60s style writing like Kerouac, Ginsburg, Kesey....neat stuff....loaned all my books to an ex GF, then she died before I could get em back....bummer....damn....wish I hadnt thought of that....50 yrs old....artist....sheit....but anyway....check out Brautigan...."In Watermellon Sugar" and "The Confederate General from Big Sur" mostly....think theyre out of print now, but can be found....

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome