Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuel Filters

6K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Vulcan Verses 
#1 ·
Running with the petcock to "res" draws the fuel from near the bottom of the tank (as opposed to the longer tube for 'run'). Do you have "pri", it's only available on the older bikes like mine. I would use 'run' to prevent any crud from entering the carbs. Contrary to what people say, there is a fuel filter on our bikes... it's a screen in the petcock. That can get clogged. Is there any rust in your tank? Mine has superficial rust and has not clogged the carbs. Starman.
Q: Anyone know of a good (cheap) source for those little clear in-line fuel filters? I need a half dozen or so.

A: JC Whitney

Do we have members that actually have success with fuel filters? I had followed some past threads on this. I thought because of the tight quarters that most everyone was having problems with the gas flow post installation?
Yep, I'm with Tom on this one. I've had my tank off and it's tough enough getting the stock length fuel lines back on the petcock but it does look like there's just enough room for a small diameter inline gas filters (for each carb). Didn't someone install Pingell brand or something like that?

I believe that might be Trent, no ears. I know I have 2 filters inside the tank. I will not use those tiny inlines becuz in the past I had drops of water form in front of the bronze filter and block off fuel to the carbs and starve them on an older Kawasaki. I wonder why some tanks like Bulldog's didn't have one on the reserve entrance to the petcock tho? maybe lost it?? That's the worst of the 2 to loose too! Lance

Yup, that is Trent. He used: Pingle short fuel filters, chrome, PN# CC26-603. Note that there are two considerations here: size (as in fitting them in the limited space) and type (as in we don't have fuel pumps and rely on gravity mostly, so we have to have a less restrictive filter).

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.