Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums - View Single Post - Love Me (Battery) Tender
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-24-2013, 08:57 PM Thread Starter
Anth
Members who have donated towards server costs

Love Me (Battery) Tender

Why did one capacitor ask the other to marry him the first time they met? Because he couldn't resistor.

Sorry. I know that was awful. I don't even understand electricity and I'm making terrible jokes like that... Best move on, eh? :-)

So my rough idle problem returned this morning. Tonight I took out the NGK plugs that were in the bike (I've owned it 3 weeks) and they were black. I replaced them with the NGK Iridium ones, but then I had the hot starting problem with backfiring, which--as I researched before posting--either means replace the battery or do the coil mod trick.

I'm not sure how old the battery is or how strong it's charged. I don't have a tender/trickle charger either. I DO know it is an ETX15L though, which I've read ya'll recommend.

I've read a lot of posts and am confused. Do I need to connect my battery to some kind of charger every now and then? I read somewhere there's a difference between trickle and a tender (maybe)?

Before I go out and buy a new battery, should I just try to charge up this one?

Once again...THANK YOU!
-Anth

'01 VN750
All stock except for the SpitFire windshield
Louisville, KY
AnthonyFRusso.com
Psalm 24

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome