newb introduction - Page 2 - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
New Member Introductions First Post?
Make your big introduction here.

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-30-2016, 05:52 PM Thread Starter

Garage
@ paulywog, the bikes aren't all that powerful in comparison to others. the smallest engine on a factory harley today is 60 CI which equates to almost 1000cc. on our bikes they're only 750cc... every now and then i wish i had more power, especially trying to pass someone going up a hill. However i keep my mouth shut cause when i bought this bike i wasn't looking for a perfomance animal. I do a ton of driving and the majority of the time its just me and a few things i could fit into a back pack or duffle bag. which by the way saddle bags will be one of my first add ons after i nail down all the little quirks on the machine. in the bay area where i live there is a ton of traffic everywhere. sometimes worse than los angeles. assuming their is no traffic my truck gets 20 mpg each of my clients are an average of 40 miles away from me or eachother... even though my bike isnt working 100% I'm already really happy with what it does do. as of now i average 50mpg on that bike and about 150 miles if i'm conservitive on the throttle. as soon as i fix the ghost in my ignition system i will get even better mpg... so far i have put about 1200 miles on the bike since i bought it and it has amlost already payed itself off in fuel costs for what i bought the bike for... in another week or so thatll include the cost of parts i had to throw at it aswell.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 10:02 AM
Old Fart

Garage
Compared to others? Here's a list of 1/4 mike times and 0-60 times for several Harley models.
Harley-Davidson Motorcycle 0-60 Times & Quarter Mile Times | Harley-Davidson Screamin' Eagle, Street Slide Special, FLS Softail Slim & more 0 to 60 stats!

You'll see the average is around 13.5 seconds in the 1/4 mile. Some faster, some slower, but most in the 13.2-13.8 range.
A stock Vulcan can run the 1/4 mile in 13.9. ....4/10ths of a second is not much of a difference in the street (but is on the track)
If your bike isn't running well, that might be the reason you think it needs more power. Engine size can play a part, but I've personally fed dust to some uniformed Harley riders on my STOCK Vulcan 750.....

If You Are Not Sure If I Am Joking or Not....I AM !!Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knifemaker1954/sets/
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 11:30 AM
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to OleDirtyDoc
comparing the vn750 to cruisers,it's not bad speed wise.I've dusted many a sportster on mine(sorry Goofyfoot but it's true)now sport touring or crotch crickets,that's not even close

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

ONE RATS ASS GIVEN PER POST
Support your local FREEBIRDS MC
1986/5 Vn700/750 Frankenfook cross eyed bitch "Mellisa Fayhe"
I am a BIKER and i'm proud.FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY

lowered with progessive 412 10" shocks
rejetted for K/N Pods part#rc 2340
sportster seat

'I didn't lose my mind.i gave it away

BRING BACK WOLFIE."Peace and Carrots"RIP
"And I'm free...as a bird"John Lennon Free as a Bird
"I only carry when I have my pants on"Joe Robinson RIP aka Old Dog

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 12:17 PM
1986 VN750

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan2000 View Post
Well now, where to start? I find it very interesting that you state you have been a member before and yet this post is listed as your first under this screen name. I am guessing that you previously were a member under a different name and that would be a double registration which is frowned upon as most times that is done to avoid something from the past. Since you are so methodical in doing things correctly from the beginning, as you went into great detail to describe as your norm in everything, I just have to wonder about the reason behind this. I do not want to seem too critical but I am just reading your words and going by what information you offered here and find it odd especially since this seems to be the longest introduction presented here in as long a time that I can remember. I wish you luck with the bike.

Are you willing to tell us your previous screen name here?
This attitude is the reason I can't stand these forums anymore.

Bunch of up-tight people that think they own the place.

1986 Kawasaki Vulcan 750
NGK Iridium Plugs #7803/DPR7EIX-9
Duralast Gold ETX15 AGM Battery
Coastered & Shaved
TOC MCCTs
Metzeler ME880 [110/90-19, 170/80-15]
Balance Dampers Replaced
Tuxedo Mod
Rebuilt Forks w/ Progressive Springs
V&H Cruzers
VN750.com Grill Cover
Meanstreak Seat
Emgo 23-92411 Handlebars
MOSFET FH012AA R/R

1990 Kawasaki Vulcan 750

1998 Honda VFR800 FI

2014 Honda VFR800F

1989 Pontiac Firebird Formula 350
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 12:52 PM
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thtanner View Post

that is the thing,tanner.it is a public forum,which you don't own either. you get opinions all the time.I bet people feel the same about you,and myself as well.the op didn't have a problem with it.Tom's opinions on that matter, as well as mine,are matching with the majority of the people of every forum I visit. I don't see anyone holding a gun to your head forcing you to come here you don't like it, you can leave
edit.besides, after rereading Tom's post,I don't see the" attitude" you so speak of
minikrew likes this.

sportster seat

Last edited by OleDirtyDoc; 12-01-2016 at 10:52 PM.
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 10:10 PM
2000 VN 750 Senior Member

Quote:

Well since you decided to use my post as an example then let me return the favor and explain a few things. I just hope you are able to accept the truth.

I was not the only one that misunderstood what the OP was trying to convey and once he explained I reposted but maybe you missed both of those points. Also, if I stated something that was untrue in my original posting here then please point it out instead of just putting out generalities. Come on. Stand up and say what you are really feeling and give specifics.

If your initial statement that you can't stand these forums is reflective of how you honestly feel then please explain why you continue to interject your thoughts here. Is there someone forcing you to continue your membership? I believe we have a right to know who that is so we can maintain our watchful eye and remain free to participate or leave ourselves. If you are totally against this forum then do what you believe is the right thing and disassociate your name from it. Sorry if you feel that is necessary as I have read some good information over the years regarding the VN 750 coming directly from your posts.

Although we have never met, you seem to believe you know me well enough to state I am uptight and I believe I own the place. That is totally untrue because if I was of that particular belief I would make some quick changes to the membership list as a start and then set into place a few specifics as to requirements for full and lasting membership. There are several members here that do know me personally and I doubt they would tell you I am uptight but they would tell you that if I believe in something I stick with it unless proven wrong. I am man enough to do that and I hope you can join me in that at some point.

I am not trying to start a problem here but felt it necessary to respond directly to certain comments that seemed directed specifically at me and my character.
OleDirtyDoc likes this.

and always remember, "Ride until you rot!"
**Really not sure if the Big "C" is back right now
but having to face the fact that this is a lifetime routine
going forward. Five operations done and it still continues.

Tom
Vulcan 2000
New ride: 2009 Victory Vision Arlen Ness Signature Series
4507 miles

Last edited by Vulcan2000; 12-01-2016 at 10:16 PM.
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleDirtyDoc View Post
that is the thing,tanner.it is a public forum,which you don't own either. you get opinions all the time.I betpeople feel the same about you,as myself as well.the op didn't have a problem with it.Tom's opinions on that matter, as well as mine,are matching with the majority of the people of every forum I visit. I don't see anyone holding a gun to your head forcing you to come here you don't like it, you can leave
edit.besides, after rereading Tom's post,I don't see the" attitude" you so speak of
Thanks, Doc. I read your reply after I responed to thtanner's post. I am glad you haven proven me correct in my thinking. We seem to be thinking alike in people not liking the forum but staying a part of it. It is, as you state, a public forum and the majority of us have very little control over much that happens here.
OleDirtyDoc likes this.

Tom
Vulcan 2000
4507 miles
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdaudio View Post
@ vulcan 2000, do admins often delete accounts?
Yea I'm almost certain i saw it on this forum, a feed about using the Kawasaki meter as opposed to using a generic digital or analog meter. I have a lot of insight on the difference between the 3, and why back then Kawasaki chose to use those meters for their data collection. I spent a few moments trying to find it after i joined, but i had a hard time trying to navigate the site. I'm sure i'll figure things out the more i use it though...
If a member is banned then they will eliminate all future postings from the time of the ban. Sometimes these are for a specific time and in some cases it can be forever. I remember seeing postings from fully banned members still available to be read right after a ban was applied but haven't gone back to check on that of late. Maybe a moderator will jump in and clear that up. I do believe that if a post is considered overly negative towards a specific member it will be eliminated along with a ban of some form.

As far as meters are concerned, are you referring to the speedometer and the tach? I remember several threads regarding the use of nonKawi units but I can not recall the specifics right now. Hopefully someone will point out where that thread is that you are thinking of. It would be interesting to read your thoughts and knowledge on that subject.

Tom
Vulcan 2000
4507 miles
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 10:44 PM
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY

Garage
@jackdaudio here is a link to a link to the TOS(terms of service).the only time I've seen anyone get banned for arguments that get out of hand,which rarely happens here.for the most part we get along fine,but we do like to bust balls a lot.

sportster seat

Last edited by OleDirtyDoc; 12-01-2016 at 10:50 PM.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 02:06 AM

Garage
Quote:

You can add people to your ignore list in your user control panel. You just have to decide if the information in their posts is worth dealing with their bark or not!
OleDirtyDoc likes this.

1992 US-nonCA * tuxedo mod * r/r relocated

Vulcan slang for newcomers
Service Manual Download
Wiring Diagram + annotations * still undergoing revisions, but still more useful than the generic one. Let me know if you find mistakes or think something additional should be added
Sponsored Links
Advertisement