Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

New to forum

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  OleDirtyDoc 
#1 ·
My name is Josh, I just joined this sight after using its resources for my vn750. I inherited this 93 Vulcan from my father in law. I have put alot of work into it and still have a ways to go. So far I have cleaned& rejetted the carbs, did an ear shave, put an agm battery in it, replaced the throttle cables, wrapped and installed Jardine slash cut exhaust, lowered 1.5" with progressive shocks and springs, changed the turn signals, shaved down and rewrapped the stock seat, and mounted a lic plate & tail light combo. Still to do is modify a trailer fender for the rear fender, fabricate a removable pillion pad, mount a small head light fairing, and the take back apart and spray a 3 stage gun metal paint job.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Looking good,Josh.welcome to the nucking futhouse. How about mounting a cut down stock fender?

#4 · (Edited)
Welcome. If you want the true bobber look, I would look for a sprung solo saddle. They don't make parts for the Vulcan 750 (though they do for the 800) check out bluecollarbobbers.com for some ideas.

I also like the ratbike look of ODD's bike. The flat black looks good. I have owned a couple of ratbikes, and while I'm not going to chop up my Vulcan, I have and still am considering buying a used Honda Rebel 250 to build a ratbike out of.

#6 ·
Rebels are a good base to chop from,but power is a little low for my liking.have seen some cool ones,but would start from a 450 myself.one thing to watch for if you put a sprung seat on a bobber with suspension is bouncing. I would mount it solid unless you are hardtailing it.

#5 ·
Here's how I mounted it to the frame.I also drilled holes to mount it to the front. also make sure tire does not rub inside fender.might have to either bend down the ribs inside fender with a hammer or grind them down a little

#7 ·
I already have everything mapped out as to what I am going to do further, but I appreciate the suggestions and seeing what you guys have done. As far as the seat, I would love to run a solo seat but have not come across one that fits the shape of the bike. So I would like to see what solo seats others have mounted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.