Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

A new old guy

1K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  Cassack 
#1 ·
O.K.So im new,and new to riding bikes(its been 45 years since I last rode my Honda 125cc.)I was English but now a very proud American for the last 25 years.I drove NASCAR stock cars for 20 years but the local track closed 2years ago,by the way Im 67 in July.Anyway having had nothing exiting to do during this time,Oh I forgot to tell you that during a routine exam last july they found that I had got cancer of the Esophagus,and that I needed major surgery and if I was lucky I would live for another 8 months plus,well its now 9 months so I thought I would get myself a present,so last week I went looking for a Honda 125 and guess what I came home with a big beautiful 95 VUCAN 750.I have never known a feeling like it,it is more thrilling than any race car I drove in those 20 years.I am also so pleased to find all you guys out there that I did'nt even know existed,it feels like i've got friends everywhere.So its one day at a time but some days I cant get my bike off its stand.(But I still start the engine)So im reading everything on this site with great interest.IVAN

#4 ·
Welcome to the group Ivan!!!!And best of luck with everything!!!!

#5 ·
Sweet deal, I believe in mind over matter and now that you have a new thrill in your life it will help over come any obsticals. You get out there and ride as much as you can with an ear to ear grin (like I do) and you will be around for more years to come that I am sure of.

Ride Safe Brother:beerchug:

#7 ·
Welcome to the group Ivan. I'm a newbie, too. I couldn't help but notice a similarity in our situations. It has been 20+ yrs since I road a motorcycle and I just aquired a 2005 model a week ago. As our esteemed colleague, Svarog, pointed out; take time to knock the rust off. The elderly lady across the street and my wife will back Svarog up 100%. Now for moral support: PMA (positive mental attitude) and laughter are the best medicines I know from my experience both as a former licensed nurse and from a life of personal obstacles. I have seen these two work miracles for me and others. I'm a polio victim, from infancy until I finish the race, thus the monicker "GIMPYRDR".

#8 ·
Welcome Ivan, don't be afraid to ask any questions about you new bike. This is a great site for answers and a lot of great people to chat with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.