Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Carb problems I think, in NY

841 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Crobins365 
#1 ·
I have a 1991 VN 750 I bought last spring. I had to replace the stator and regulator. I rode it all summer into late October and it ran very good. I just got it out for the year and rode about 80 miles or so and it ran fine. Yesterday on my way to work I noticed it starting to idel faster on its own. I adjusted the idel and it seemed to be fine on the way home. But today when I started to go to work it started right up but a short distance down the road it started to dog out and died. I got it started again and it acked like it wasn't getting any gas, but I could smell gas, and died again. It would not restart. I put seafoam in it befor I stored it and used about every 3 to 4 tankfuls all last year. Just wondering where I should start to try to find the problem. Any suggestions we be a great help. Thank You!
Mark:(:(:(

#2 ·
Sometimes the vent line that runs from under the gas cap to the back of the tank under the seat gets plugged and can cause this.on mine I ran a piece of mechanics wire down through it and cleeaned it out and it's been fine ever since.

#3 ·
I posted yesterday and the day before about possible carb problems and it was suggested that I check the tank vent, it was plugged. After that I did get the bike running (not good) and noticed fuel running down over the rear cylinder head. Today I removed the tank and found what I am assuming is the hose that should be connected to the fuel gauge unhooked. Could that being unhooked let fuel run out over the rear cylinder head? Sounds dumb, but I am new to working on this bike and have alot to learn. Thanks for any advice or suggestions.

#4 ·
If you had a hose unhooked that could have been the source of your leak.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.