Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Newbie in Tacoma, WA

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  BMan23777 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi,

My name is Henk(yes, spelled right the Dutch way), I moved here from Holland last January and bought my 02 Kawasaki VN750 a couple of months ago with about 1000 miles on it. I haven't had much time to ride the bike yet, but am looking forward to some nice rides in the NW Pacific area. I had already some starting problems (mostly warm starts), and will take the forum's advice to get a new MF gel battery. Hopefully that will solve the problem as it did for other members. I am looking forward to meeting other members in my area and hopefully join in some rides..

Henk G.

#6 ·
Thanks Cindy. The weather has been beautiful last week. Unfortunately I was too busy and did not get the bike out of the garage - shame on me- I did manage to replace the old battery with a Sears MF one. Hopefully this solves my starting problems. Good luck with your project bike!

Henk

#8 ·
Welcome Henk. You definitely do need good raingear here in the northwet. The MF battery should take care of your hot start issues - if it doesn't come back here and we should be able to help ya figure out what's up. Seems like the lube guy had started sleeping on the job at times around 02 (correct me if I'm wrong) so I'd probably follow fergy's procedure to check it out as soon as feasible - about 2 hours of your time = insurance against being stuck on the road and THEN having to replace a very expensive part.

Again,
Welcome to the forum!

#10 ·
Hello there Henk. Welcome :smiley_th
When ya do get some riding in, be sure to get some pics !!
I've been thinking about heading somewhere out west for a REAL vacation one of these days. Everything is so much different than on the right coast !!

Enjoy and learn from the site, and any questions ya got, just ask.
We're open 24/7 here !! LOL

#11 ·
Welcome to the site Henk!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.