First Time On A Bike - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
New Member Introductions First Post?
Make your big introduction here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-02-2012, 01:08 PM Thread Starter

First Time On A Bike

Hey everybody! My name is Chris! My dad (Mntsnow) pick up a 1988 Vulcan 750 for me and him to work on. Happy to say, after hours of hard work my dad manged to get the bike running just fine. I'll be sure to post some pictures! Just so everybody knows I have never rode a bike by myself before but I'm ready to learn. Hopefully soon I can get into some classes and get my M! I'm 16 and ready to ride with the old man!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-02-2012, 01:51 PM
..have a vulcan good day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facemelt0r View Post
Hey everybody! My name is Chris! My dad (Mntsnow) pick up a 1988 Vulcan 750 for me and him to work on. Happy to say, after hours of hard work my dad manged to get the bike running just fine. I'll be sure to post some pictures! Just so everybody knows I have never rode a bike by myself before but I'm ready to learn. Hopefully soon I can get into some classes and get my M! I'm 16 and ready to ride with the old man!
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you.
Being new to bike riding, _ensure_ to take a Safety Course before hitting the road ! You will find great details of how "Motion & Gravity" need to be combined for keeping the rubber side down and the shinny side up.

WilliamTech

'86 VN750 13,700 mi -Stock
-Purchased 2008 w/8800mi
Replaced ALL Cables . Kuryakyn LED Voltmeter
SilverStar Ultra 9003/HB2 H4 Headlamp, Jardine Fwd Controls,
Iridiums DPR7EIX-9 & Wires, Tuxedo Mod, Coil Mod, P/U Sensor Mod, Fork Seals,
Splines Lubed - 11/4/2012 - MF AGM Battery
Additional Flashing LED Brake Light on Trunk
Dampers went out @ 13+K !
After TOC MCCT's..... so amazingly quiet I discovered a rattling heat shield on my stock exhaust !
...have a vulcan good day!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-02-2012, 03:48 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Congratulations and welcome. Safetu course is the way to go.

Good luck and ride safe.

2003 Wine/Gray VN750 bought in 2005 w/2000 Miles
LED Tail/Brakelight & License Plate Light;Chrome Inspection Sticker Plate ;Battery Charging Quick Plug;Kuryakyn LED Battery Voltmeter;Throttle Rocker Palm Rest;Optronics Driving Lamps;KnifeMaker Floor Boards;Halogen Headlamp Bulb;OEM Engine Guard;Iridium Spark Plugs;OEM Luggage rack;Stebel Air Horn;Handlebar Clock; Handlebar Thermometer; Sealed Battery; Marbled; Leather Grip Covers; Rectangular Mirrors

~VROC~ # 389

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-03-2012, 02:31 PM
Banned

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facemelt0r View Post

Welcome to the forum Chris...
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-03-2012, 04:07 PM
2000 VN 750 Senior Member

You are a lucky young man to be able to work on such a project with your father. From his postings he seems to have some real confidence in you so be sure to keep that in place. Enjoy your ride and all the good times that will come with it. I am sure there are a lot of your friends that wish they were in your shoes. Welcome to the forum and don't be afraid to ask questions and to share your experiences and knowledge in return.

and always remember, "Ride until you rot!"
**Really not sure if the Big "C" is back right now
but having to face the fact that this is a lifetime routine
going forward. Five operations done and it still continues.

Tom
Vulcan 2000
New ride: 2009 Victory Vision Arlen Ness Signature Series
4507 miles
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 04:52 AM

Welcome to the group I'm fairly new myself. You sound like you have a great dad wish mine had been more like that. Mine left when I was two and all I got from him was a plastic bowling set when I was a little kid. I got his vn from him for 800 bucks but no help fixing it. Injoy the quality time and fun with him. Safe riding to you both
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 11:16 AM

Welcome to the forum.

JM2001

" Loud Pipes Risk Rights "

2001 Vulcan 750
marbled
TOC upgrade on ACCT
Air/fuel mixture set to 2 1/2 out
rectifier relocated
splines lubed
iridiums
decals removed
upgraded mirrors
Pic up coil mod done
degoated
All LED lighting
Upgraded Mosfet rectifier
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 11:37 AM

Garage
welcome to the group!

I admire your dad for doing this project with you and hope you appreciate the opportunity he is giving you to learn some mechanical skills and general bike information.
My dad was always too busy to spend time with my brother or I, so I am also jealous...lol

Enjoy the project and the company of your folks....build memories for years to come....and enjoy the bike!
Ride safe....learn much!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 01:27 PM
100% Black & White

I wish I had been able to ride a 750 when I was 16! Over here you are restricted to 50cc at 16 and 125cc at 17 until you pass your bike test. That was all about 30 years ago for me but I still remember starting out like you are now.
Welcome to the forum and to the brotherhood of bikers. Its not a mode of transport, it's a way of life

1982 Honda H100A
1990 Yamaha FZR1000R

VROC#35051

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 04:18 PM
Holzcman ,new rider

Hey i too am new to riding and new to the forum. I bought my bike at the end of may of this year and have never ridden a motorcycle in my 40+ years .read the forum !!!! There is so much info in here .
I have done quite a bit of repair and maintenance on my bike since I got it.mostly undoing previous owner stuff. This forum makes it easier.
I plan on passing this bike to my son he is 15 and teaching him what I have learned so far.
Welcome and happy riding.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement