Greetings from Baltimore - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
New Member Introductions First Post?
Make your big introduction here.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
jax03vulcan750's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 5
iTrader: (0)
 
Garage
Greetings from Baltimore

Hello,

I just picked up my 1st bike last week. 2003 Vulcan 750 w/ 10k mi. Excited to get out and ride, getting inspected on Tuesday. Already have been searching all over for accessories to add a personalized touch to her. looking forward to being a part of this forum.:
jax03vulcan750 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 05:00 PM
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Central New Jersey
Posts: 2,494
iTrader: (10)
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jax03vulcan750 View Post
Hello,

I just picked up my 1st bike last week. 2003 Vulcan 750 w/ 10k mi. Excited to get out and ride, getting inspected on Tuesday. Already have been searching all over for accessories to add a personalized touch to her. looking forward to being a part of this forum.:
Welcome. I hope you are not going to be too unhappy when you find out how little is available as add ons for the VN 750. Most of the modifications completed by members of this forum are from modified parts or complete custom/home made accessories. There is very little available as complete bolt on equipment for us but that just adds to the fun. If there is something that you want to add or change just ask and you will get an answer as to if it is possible and how to achieve that particular modification. Nothing is impossible but sometimes it may be better to just leave it alone. Knowing the problems in making a change is the best help so you can decide if you have the skills and tools available to accomplish your goal. Besides we may all learn something in the process. Good luck.

and always remember, "Ride until you rot!"
**Really not sure if the Big "C" is back right now
but having to face the fact that this is a lifetime routine
going forward. Five operations done and it still continues.

Tom
Vulcan 2000
New ride: 2009 Victory Vision Arlen Ness Signature Series
4507 miles

Last edited by Vulcan2000; 08-12-2012 at 05:06 PM.
Vulcan2000 is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 05:49 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs
 
JM2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rochester, New York
Posts: 1,803
iTrader: (1)
 
Welcome to the forum.

JM2001

" Loud Pipes Risk Rights "

2001 Vulcan 750
marbled
TOC upgrade on ACCT
Air/fuel mixture set to 2 1/2 out
rectifier relocated
splines lubed
iridiums
decals removed
upgraded mirrors
Pic up coil mod done
degoated
All LED lighting
Upgraded Mosfet rectifier
JM2001 is offline  
 
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
jax03vulcan750's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 5
iTrader: (0)
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan2000 View Post
Welcome. I hope you are not going to be too unhappy when you find out how little is available as add ons for the VN 750. Most of the modifications completed by members of this forum are from modified parts or complete custom/home made accessories. There is very little available as complete bolt on equipment for us but that just adds to the fun. If there is something that you want to add or change just ask and you will get an answer as to if it is possible and how to achieve that particular modification. Nothing is impossible but sometimes it may be better to just leave it alone. Knowing the problems in making a change is the best help so you can decide if you have the skills and tools available to accomplish your goal. Besides we may all learn something in the process. Good luck.
I don't want to do too much right now, maybe get some new grips and add some accent lights for a splash of color, while I spend most of this time riding and getting used to VN750. I'm actually excited for modifying parts and do it your self projects later on. I am studying to be an engineer so that is right up my alley.
jax03vulcan750 is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-13-2012, 12:23 AM
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Central New Jersey
Posts: 2,494
iTrader: (10)
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jax03vulcan750 View Post
I don't want to do too much right now, maybe get some new grips and add some accent lights for a splash of color, while I spend most of this time riding and getting used to VN750. I'm actually excited for modifying parts and do it your self projects later on. I am studying to be an engineer so that is right up my alley.
New grips will not be too difficult as I believe the handlebars are 7/8 inch dia. As for the accent lights you need to do a search on the forum with that subject because the electrical system on the VN 750 is limited and pretty much stretched in stock mode. Use the "Search" tab on the top of the screen to check the subject so you can know the basic limitations.

and always remember, "Ride until you rot!"
**Really not sure if the Big "C" is back right now
but having to face the fact that this is a lifetime routine
going forward. Five operations done and it still continues.

Tom
Vulcan 2000
New ride: 2009 Victory Vision Arlen Ness Signature Series
4507 miles
Vulcan2000 is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-13-2012, 09:24 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Columbia, MD
Posts: 11
iTrader: (1)
 
Maybe I'll see you around then. I was a bit surprised about how little after market parts there are.. I'm not my of a DIY and it does make future plans for the VN750 a little questionable.

But in the mean time, I'm enjoying the bike.. A good new rider bike.

2004 VN750 bought 05/24/12

Replaced battery with MF
Replaced plugs with Iridium
Floorboards and highway mounts from Chad
Added 900 Seat with rest
Relocated rear turn signals to break light

Plans:
Luggage rack
Saddle bags
Lube Splines
Ear Shave
Degoat
karavak is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-13-2012, 03:23 PM
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Central New Jersey
Posts: 2,494
iTrader: (10)
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by karavak View Post
Maybe I'll see you around then. I was a bit surprised about how little after market parts there are.. I'm not my of a DIY and it does make future plans for the VN750 a little questionable.

But in the mean time, I'm enjoying the bike.. A good new rider bike.
As you read more here you will see that besides a great new rider bike many enjoy it long after. There are also some that own multiple VN 750's here. You can start out on small changes and develop the confidence to tackle larger projects. Don't let the limited electrical system hold you back as there are ways to increase the available power such as conserving in other areas. Some switch out to led's to conserve electrical juice and therefore have extra to spare. Stay with this forum and ask questions and you will learn what has and hasn't been done before and how it has been done right or wrong. You can learn here without making a mistake on your own. It saves time and expense.

Where in Baltimore are you at? My daughter lives there in the city. I may ride down in early September before attending the big Roar to the Shore rally in Wildwood, NJ beginning September 6.

and always remember, "Ride until you rot!"
**Really not sure if the Big "C" is back right now
but having to face the fact that this is a lifetime routine
going forward. Five operations done and it still continues.

Tom
Vulcan 2000
New ride: 2009 Victory Vision Arlen Ness Signature Series
4507 miles
Vulcan2000 is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-14-2012, 08:05 PM
Linkmeister Supreme
 
OlHossCanada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 7,960
iTrader: (8)
   
Welcome to the Vulcan madness.

If you want to use a "Crampbuster" palm rest on your throttle grip, consider putting on grips made for a Gold Wing. I believe others have mentioned the right hand (throttle) grip is slightly longer and leaves a little more room for your hand when not using the palm rest.

Crampbuster link:
http://www.crampbuster.com/

Gordon

1991 VN 750 -"Cosmic Lady" or "Bad Girl"?
Purchased May 16, 2008
Approx.19,300km (12,000 miles)

H-D windshield
Relocated R/R
MF-AGM battery
Fiamm Freeway Blaster horns
F&S luggage rack and engine guard
Kury Offset Hiway pegs
July 13, 2016, Riding on the DARKSIDE now, Classic Radial 165/80-15


TOP TEN THINGS A NEW RIDER/OWNER SHOULD DO. Click on link.
https://www.vn750.com/forum/11-vn750-general-discussion/9127-top-ten-items-you-would-suggest-new-owner-do-his-new-ride.html
OlHossCanada is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-19-2012, 10:17 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
jax03vulcan750's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 5
iTrader: (0)
 
Garage
jax03vulcan750 is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-19-2012, 10:19 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
jax03vulcan750's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 5
iTrader: (0)
 
Garage
my VN750 passed inspection. Now I just need to make a trip to the MVA to get my tags. Also want to get a new set of tires before I start doing a lot of riding.
jax03vulcan750 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Once registered, your User Name"cannot be changed". We can make exceptions within 7 days, but after that, it is set in stone.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome