Salutations gracieuses - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
New Member Introductions First Post?
Make your big introduction here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-04-2012, 02:41 PM Thread Starter

Salutations gracieuses

Hi everyone,
first of all please keep in mind I'm from a french speaking province so while I'm great at understanding english, my vocabulary can get quite bad.

This will be a short presentation and explanation of why I'm here.
I've started riding at 14 on a scooter and sold it at 18. My parents told me numerous times that I would have much more fun on a motorcycle than in a car so after owning some sports cars I got myself my bike licence and started riding on a ninja 500r.
The rules being the rules, new riders in Québec have to, after the theorical course and practical course in a closed lot, ride for a full season alongside an experienced (at least two years) rider on another bike. I was lucky, my father took back his bike licence and got himself a vulcan 750 to come along and teach me.
Somewhat unlucky me, my 2010 season ended abruptly in the door of a honda civic. I have been lucky though because I was completely unscathed.

Fast forward to this june, my father decided that his riding years are quite behind him and was looking to get rid of his bike. Since I was interested and he is not a seller, he just gave it to me. Yay!

I do not like cruiser-styled bikes. I do not like loud exhausts, I'm not fond of chrome... This is clearly not my type of bike, but a gift is a gift and I intend to ride it a while before selling it. It's an old '93 so it needs some love.
I'm not very good with tools and quite scared of making my somewhat working bike in a not-anymore working bike but I'm very, very curious and I intend to do everything I can myself before turning it to a shop.

While I do speak french, I'll keep it mostly in english for everyone to understand what I try to say. You might see a couple french words when I'm explaining something I have absolutely no idea how to articulate in english.

So yeah, that's it, I think you should be able to make yourself an idea of what kind of person I might be. Looking forward to knowing you all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-04-2012, 03:31 PM
2000 VN 750 Senior Member

Welcome to the Vulcan madness. Once you experience the real Vulcan 750 you may change your mind about cruisers or at least this particular model. There is not too many problems that you could face with a Vulcan 750 that the group here can not teach you to handle will providing full explanations and maybe some videos plus a few very detailed pictures thrown in to help it all make sense.

If you can send some pictures of the things you want to work on it would help the members get a better understanding of your needs. Don't worry about your English because many of us have problems with it also and it is our primary language. After a few posts back and forth we'll have you speaking American slang with ten different accents. No one will know you are not from here. Good luck and start asking questions any time.

and always remember, "Ride until you rot!"
**Really not sure if the Big "C" is back right now
but having to face the fact that this is a lifetime routine
going forward. Five operations done and it still continues.

Tom
Vulcan 2000
New ride: 2009 Victory Vision Arlen Ness Signature Series
4507 miles
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-04-2012, 05:14 PM
Old Truck Junkie

Welcome.

02 honda sabre 1100

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-04-2012, 06:28 PM
Calif Rider

Welcome to the club, we have many different nationalities on this sight. What ever you need to know just ask, there is a lot of knowlage in the members of the club. Have fun, ride safe.

2004 25,500 miles
Led tail light enhancement
Homemade floor boards
Headlight modulator
Extra heat sink on R+R
R+R relocation
Homemade driver's backrest
Fused Stator
Mcct conversion-cost 4.50
Ride-on in tires
crash bar with home made hyway pegs
iridium plugs
home made fork wind deflectors
coil pickups adjusted.
Kenda kruz tires 110/90 170/80
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-04-2012, 08:26 PM

"Bienvenue !!!"

I used to know a bit of French years ago from when I used to go to Montreal. My cousin also worked at the embassy in Toronto, and I trained in DH Beavers in Quebec.
We will help you as best we can.

Last edited by Wolfie; 08-04-2012 at 08:30 PM.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-05-2012, 10:47 AM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Welcome to the forum

JM2001

" Loud Pipes Risk Rights "

2001 Vulcan 750
marbled
TOC upgrade on ACCT
Air/fuel mixture set to 2 1/2 out
rectifier relocated
splines lubed
iridiums
decals removed
upgraded mirrors
Pic up coil mod done
degoated
All LED lighting
Upgraded Mosfet rectifier
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-05-2012, 11:38 AM

Garage
Welcome to the group!
Your new gift will be a lot of fun for you to enjoy once you grow accustomed to it.

Read through the Verses section and make use of the search function at the top of the page to find what you are looking for. There is an abundant amount of technical and useful information on the site as well as lots of photos....we love photos.

If you can't find something you are looking for, by all means ask any questions you want. Just be sure to post in the proper forum section so you get a timely response.

Good luck! ride safe! and enjoy!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012, 08:28 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Bienvenue mon ami. Nous sommes tous amis ici.

Enjoy your bike and ride safe.

2003 Wine/Gray VN750 bought in 2005 w/2000 Miles
LED Tail/Brakelight & License Plate Light;Chrome Inspection Sticker Plate ;Battery Charging Quick Plug;Kuryakyn LED Battery Voltmeter;Throttle Rocker Palm Rest;Optronics Driving Lamps;KnifeMaker Floor Boards;Halogen Headlamp Bulb;OEM Engine Guard;Iridium Spark Plugs;OEM Luggage rack;Stebel Air Horn;Handlebar Clock; Handlebar Thermometer; Sealed Battery; Marbled; Leather Grip Covers; Rectangular Mirrors

~VROC~ # 389
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012, 10:35 PM

Gem...par lez ???....you need to come up here fer our next ride, dude...ahem... mon ami...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement