1994 VN750 performance help - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
New Member Introductions First Post?
Make your big introduction here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 04:39 PM Thread Starter

1994 VN750 performance help

I just bought a 94 VN750 with plans of making it a bobber. Before i get started on visual mods i want to spruce up the engine a little bit. I have researched all week and havent really found much info on aftermarket performance parts. Any suggestions? (pistons, crank, valve train) other than custom exhaust there is not a whole lot listed. Im a transmission rebuilder, so im not a green horn mechanic. I am really excited to take on this project, this will be my first bike build!

This site is rules!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 07:55 PM

First, why "bob" it, unless yer a youngin and got a healthy spine...perf wise, dump all the emissions crap (all explained here), up yer electrics and carbs (better flow)...then mod yer exhaust....
Way I got my 85 set up now, bet Im 10HP over stock (85 was higher anyway due to less emissions)...but if yer set on Bobbin....

http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5388

ChopCult is local to me and will be at StrangeDays in Vernon, NJ

...and here... http://www.cdthayer.com/cruiserchops.htm

If ya had a 700, ya might be able to bore/stroke...but besides exhaust, carb, and electric, these are limited.....lest ya wanna go fer a supercharger...lol

post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 08:41 PM

From a looks perspective I can certainly agree with bobbing it. I have considered it myself. But like Wolfie alludes to, I can't get past the comfort factor to go the hardtail route. Maybe I will end up with a faux-bob compromise some day.

BTW, where ya at in FL? We have a few guys that post on here regularly from the sunshine state.

EDIT: and Wolfie...I'm going to go ahead and apologize now for all of the bad names my wife is going to call you for posting that link to chopcult and how much time I am going to spend there now.

Last edited by Deviate; 07-18-2012 at 08:44 PM.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 09:01 PM

Quote:
and Wolfie...I'm going to go ahead and apologize now for all of the bad names my wife is going to call you for posting that link to chopcult and how much time I am going to spend there now.
...Sorry brother...lol....ya want some links to awesome shops/dealers, check my post in the Northeast section under "Strangedays2"...lotta local shops listed there, along with my buddy's...oh heck :

NSFW, btw...or so Ive been told...

www.strangedaysevent.blogspot.com

...links are in the right column, including ChopCult...wish you were closer man...we'd be goin there together...yer ol lady'd be fer free....

Choppers started on the East Coast...then the lefties decided to do fancy paint and extend fronts....theyre all cool to me !!!...lol

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 09:10 PM

Quote:
But like Wolfie alludes to
I was 21 yrs old when I made my 68 BSA a rigid (thats what y'all now call bobber)...used to ride with my then fiancee...she married me...damnit...., lol...
But...at that age, with a good spine, a rigid/bobber type was ok...even fer the ol lady (ahem)...soooo...no longer alluding...stating...if yer under 30, and ya ride yer GF on the back of a rigid, she'll do anything ya want...even marry ya...but once ya git older, and sell the rigid fer a soft back....ya get 2 separate bedrooms....I sheit you not...lest ya git er a 73 Sportster she can "play" on....lol....

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 09:19 PM

[QUOTE=Wolfie;217578...no longer alluding...stating...if yer under 30, and ya ride yer GF on the back of a rigid, she'll do anything ya want...even marry ya...[/QUOTE]

LOL!! It looks like Pabst Blue Ribbon is sponsor at Strange Days. Even if I can't be there physically I'm with ya in spirit.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 09:40 PM

...cool brother !!!...luvs ya....will try to get lotsa pics....(my still cam sucks tho...have a film Nikon worth $600, but cant afford the film)...

...and fer the OP....what about nitrous oxide injection ???...that'd be insane unless I was on acid....lol....VNs fast enough...beats most stock Harleys...

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 09:45 PM

...and yaaa...PBR....works fer me...I prefer Keystone Ice, but at an event, fer $2 each tallboy, cant beat it....bringin my Russian 7.62 also in case some deer or bear tries to attack me from the woods/mtn above, lol....I'll make dinner fer all then...
Too bad you aint closer bro....then, ya know, always the "autotrain" from FLA...they take bikes.....

That Daytona bike week thing is a farce now...too commercialized...you and yer ol lady should come up here to our Laconia and Dayz....

Last edited by Wolfie; 07-18-2012 at 09:47 PM.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-19-2012, 02:36 AM
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to OleDirtyDoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
...and yaaa...PBR....works fer me...I prefer Keystone Ice, but at an event, fer $2 each tallboy, cant beat it....bringin my Russian 7.62 also in case some deer or bear tries to attack me from the woods/mtn above, lol....I'll make dinner fer all then...
Too bad you aint closer bro....then, ya know, always the "autotrain" from FLA...they take bikes.....

That Daytona bike week thing is a farce now...too commercialized...you and yer ol lady should come up here to our Laconia and Dayz....
havn't had bear in a while.my friend Mike's dad Big Mike(rip) could cook almost any wild game(can anyone say possum?)and make it taste great.what is it about northern jersey and bear anyway?

ONE RATS ASS GIVEN PER POST
Support your local FREEBIRDS MC
1986/5 Vn700/750 Frankenfook cross eyed bitch "Mellisa Fayhe"
I am a BIKER and i'm proud.FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY

lowered with progessive 412 10" shocks
rejetted for K/N Pods part#rc 2340
sportster seat

'I didn't lose my mind.i gave it away

BRING BACK WOLFIE."Peace and Carrots"RIP
"And I'm free...as a bird"John Lennon Free as a Bird
"I only carry when I have my pants on"Joe Robinson RIP aka Old Dog
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-19-2012, 02:37 AM
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to OleDirtyDoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
I was 21 yrs old when I made my 68 BSA a rigid (thats what y'all now call bobber)...used to ride with my then fiancee...she married me...damnit...., lol...
But...at that age, with a good spine, a rigid/bobber type was ok...even fer the ol lady (ahem)...soooo...no longer alluding...stating...if yer under 30, and ya ride yer GF on the back of a rigid, she'll do anything ya want...even marry ya...but once ya git older, and sell the rigid fer a soft back....ya get 2 separate bedrooms....I sheit you not...lest ya git er a 73 Sportster she can "play" on....lol....
love beezers

ONE RATS ASS GIVEN PER POST
Support your local FREEBIRDS MC
1986/5 Vn700/750 Frankenfook cross eyed bitch "Mellisa Fayhe"
I am a BIKER and i'm proud.FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY

lowered with progessive 412 10" shocks
rejetted for K/N Pods part#rc 2340
sportster seat

'I didn't lose my mind.i gave it away

BRING BACK WOLFIE."Peace and Carrots"RIP
"And I'm free...as a bird"John Lennon Free as a Bird
"I only carry when I have my pants on"Joe Robinson RIP aka Old Dog