Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

new to this forum and to vulcan bikes

570 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  thtanner 
#1 ·
i recently got a vn 750 1998 vulcan, i found this forum and thing it great someone bult it.

i have found some great stuff on the forum and well after working on my bike for a month now . i see i need a few parts and cant afford the ebay prices hope there are some good people on here willing to sell stuff a little cheap so i can ride again..

i have spent 20 years building muscle cars mostly mopars but have done a few chevys and trans am s too. if any one need hep or parts or wants to trade some parts . i hope you stop by

my name is bill from delaware

#2 ·
Congrats on your acquisition and Welcome to the VN750 Insanity!

#3 ·
Welcome to the boards. I humbly offer you my New Owner's Checklist.

General
1. Inspect the tires for air, age and wear. Replace if they are too old, or too worn.
2. Perform an oil-change.
3. Inspect all fluid levels. Top up where needed.
4. Inspect all cables. Lube and replace where needed.
5. Inspect the brake's wear. Replace if too worn.
6. Inspect the fork seals and oil. Replace as needed.

VN750 Specific
1. Inspect, and lube the drive-shaft splines.
2. Replace your battery with an AGM or Gel style battery.
3. Replace your spark plugs with NGK Iridium Plugs #7803/DPR7EIX-9
4. Replace the stock Automatic Cam Chain Tensioners with Manual Cam Chain Tensioners, such as the ones manufactured by TOC.
5. Perform an rear-end oil-change.
6. Buy some SeaFoam, and use in every few tanks. If you are worried about the carbs being gummed up, you can drain some directly into the carbs via the vent hose.
7. Inspect the charging system on the bike. The stator is known to fail, which can cause the R/R to fail as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.