Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Doin the Check in

729 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  AZ Kev 
#1 ·
Hi everyone from Burleson, TX. I've got a bone-stock '97 VN750 that I bought from a friend about a year ago. I've ridden off and on for about 20 years (dirt and street), and the Vulcan's my re-entry bike after a 5 year bike-less period. I'm looking forward to info on the Vulcan, especially tech tips (already found the fork seal replacement thread).

#2 ·
look up spline lubes and do it first! add some info to your user name such as location and such, and welcome to the best resource you will find on our bikes.

#4 ·
Welcome to the forum.

#5 ·
Welcome to the Vulcan madness, and life back on two wheels.
There are a lot of tech tips and links in the *ten things* link below. There is a lot of repeating in the posts, but read through it and you will be rewarded.

Do a search on any of the strange vulcanese code words you run into and you will figure most of them out pretty easy. Any you can`t understand, just ask.

There is an online downloadable service manual link there too.

#6 ·
Welcome aboard keith! I'm sure you will find this forum to be an absolute blessing for owning and maintaing your Vulcan. My bike is pretty much bone-stock too, which seems to be the exception rather than the rule around here! Lol.

But whether you wish to keep it stock, or tweak it to the max, this is the best place to find good info from good people.

Have fun and ride safe amigo :smiley_th

AZ Kev

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.