Just wanted to say hi - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
New Member Introductions First Post?
Make your big introduction here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 07:17 PM Thread Starter

Smile Just wanted to say hi

I have a 2006 750 red with black and added more red with pin stripping to the fenders and side covers a small custom paint job. My first bike was a 2003 Vulcan 500. Moved up to a suzuki c-50 but sold that to get another Vulcan. Got a 2003 750 which is up for sale and now the 2006. I ride with a women's riding club-- the Dixie Divas here in Alabama. Would love to hear from other AL riders and any women who are interested the Dixie Divas should google the name for the web site.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 08:03 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Welcome to the forum. Several riders from Alabama and quite a few women are members.

I'm keepin' all the left over parts. I'm gonna use 'em to build another bike!

Old Blue
2001 Honda CMX250 Rebel acquired July, 2008

1987 VN750 project bike, acquired August, 2009, 33,000 miles and balancer sticking out of the case, currently awaiting attention and parts
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 11:44 PM

hi its nice to see another alabama rider I livein auburn moved here from virgia
My name is Micheal

My Enuf.
1995 Vulcan 750
New wires and plugs
Removed and cleaned carbs
re routed air line to right ear
re built transmission
New stator
New RR
New throttle cables
New clutch cable
New wiring harness
New Ignition switch
TIME to Ride

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-05-2011, 12:37 AM

Garage
Welcome to the group.

"Show me a man who makes no mistakes, and I'll show you a man who doesn't do things." Theodore Roosevelt."

2007 Victory Kingpin
Current projects - 1986 VN750 & 1988 EL250
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-05-2011, 10:44 AM

What's up Rox!? Can you post a pic of your ride when you get a sec? Maybe a pic of the pin striping? Welcome to the greatest forum on the web!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-05-2011, 11:56 AM
Giggity!

Garage
Welcome to the best Vulcan place on earth! Yes, Pics please (of the bike! lol) We all love to see everyones rides & what they've done.

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-05-2011, 01:01 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Welcome to a gr8 forum with lots of truly helpful people. I'm from "the HAM",within sight of VULCAN himself. Am trying to get a spring weekend to get the Vulcan riders from central Alabama to meet and have a group Photo taken with the statue in the background. Sounds good on paper, Also have met with the folks at Barber to see about having an Alabama (Southeast) Vulcan weekend at the track. Been some super riding days in the past month yeah?
Ride Safe...as you may or may not know, almost 40% of the cage drivers carry ZERO insurance in our fine state. Hopefully Big Luther will make that number shrink. Post pictures

2006 w/ 3124mi.
new to me Aug. 2010
X2-15L Battery
Iridiums
Mustang One Piece Studded
Fluids replaced
H4 Bright White Headlight

ALAS sold to a great guy in Birmingham
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-05-2011, 02:11 PM
Linkmeister Supreme

Welcome to the Vulcan madness Rox. How long have you been riding? You sound like a wise lady to have started on a smaller bike to get some experience.

How many riders do you Dixie Divas have in the group rides?
Do you break into smaller groups of 3 or 4, or ride as one large group?

I`m interested in your opinion of three motorcycle models you have owned, especially the Suzuki C-50 as a ladies bike. About three years ago I pulled into a parking lot where a little gal with a brand new C-50 was practicing slow speed maneuvers. I parked about 75 feet away and when I opened door she was stopped, crossed up and falling over when she called for help. I ran over, straightened the front wheel and lifted the bike back vertical for her. I was looking for my first motorcycle at the time, so stopped to talk for a few minutes.

The problem seemed to be the seat was too high and wide for her small stature. She was in her mid 20`s about 5' -5' 2" tall and weighed maybe #110. She was a full time army reservist, worked out at the gym, looked fit and strong for her size, but IMO she was just not long enough in the inseam to twist the handlebars back straight and raise the bike while straddling it. She had dropped the bike earlier in the day in a similar incident, and had broken one of the signal stalks. As I recall she had taken the the beginners riding course required to be licenced here, but the ink on her mc endorsement was barely dry, and she only had the bike for a day or two at the time.

I did take a Volusia 800 (forerunner to the C-50), that was a few years old, for a test ride later but it had a rider backrest that pushed me too far forward to be comfortable. But I`m a big guy, almost 6' tall and about #290 at the time. I don`t recall my impression of it`s power, just that it seemed too small physically for me. So I`m just curious about your your experience with, and opinion of the Suzi, comparing size, comfort, power, ease of handling, etc. with the Vulcan 750. There must be something that drew you to the VN, since you have bought TWO of them since the the Suzuki.

Gordon

1991 VN 750 -"Cosmic Lady" or "Bad Girl"?
Purchased May 16, 2008
Approx.19,300km (12,000 miles)

H-D windshield
Relocated R/R
MF-AGM battery
Fiamm Freeway Blaster horns
F&S luggage rack and engine guard
Kury Offset Hiway pegs
July 13, 2016, Riding on the DARKSIDE now, Classic Radial 165/80-15

TOP TEN THINGS A NEW RIDER/OWNER SHOULD DO. Click on link.
https://www.vn750.com/forum/11-vn750-general-discussion/9127-top-ten-items-you-would-suggest-new-owner-do-his-new-ride.html

Last edited by OlHossCanada; 01-05-2011 at 02:17 PM.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-05-2011, 07:52 PM

Welcome to the forum. Great to see another rider from our area posting. I am up here near Dore' in b'ham. It would trully be great to have a Vulcan ride with the people on this forum getting together this spring. Like pilot said, lets see those stripes.

1990 vn-750
metzler 880's
r/r relocated
iridium plugs
ngk plug caps
mf agm battery
ballancer and stator replaced. (Lance328)
Pro Tac Backrest
progressive fork springs
fork seals replaced
2003 kdx 220
frp chain gude
frp skid plate
acerbix hand guards
uni filter
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 07:38 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the note. Keep me up dated as to that picture. Is there an active vulcan group here? The only one I have had contact with just started up in Huntsville. Will be gone for a couple of weeks but would be interested in Barber's too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement