Newbie intro - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
New Member Introductions First Post?
Make your big introduction here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

Newbie intro

Hello fellow VN750's! It is always so unique to see any of us on the road! I have only seen two of us down here in Zachary in three years. The first one was heading the wrong way for me to stop and catch; the other was parked in front of Home Depot. His is a great story: he knew a finance company that told him that he could have the bike if he just went down to New Orleans to get it. Yes, it was Katrina patina-ed! He said he had to clean out most of it and replace all that was rubber. The metal finish was eaten away but he was on the right track. Mine is an '02 with 12,000 miles that I bought in Pensacola and rode here. Add-on's include: Stealth Edging on my windshield; my have to have Air Hawk seat over my didn't do the job enough for me Mustang Seat, Formotion Chromed Clock, Tourmaster Trunk Box, Saddlebags, handmade fork lowers by a man in Thibodaux, La., a set of hand guards for keeping my hands warm while I ride in cold (if we ever have any) weather and I run with three (cage window type) flags flying off an aluminum bar I added below the luggage rack: American, Louisiana, Marine Corps. Ken
ADDITIONAL: I want to add that I took my stock seat apart and cut out most of the drivers section which lowered it a lot and made it nicer with the Air Hawk BUT the lower back lumbar of the Mustang makes it worth keeping.

Last edited by kenzacharyla; 02-06-2006 at 03:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 04:44 PM

Sounds like a good looking ride, got any pics?

Out of VN750s...
On to bigger and better things!
1997 Black & Silver ***SOLD***
Insurance Replaced: 08/25/2008
Mileage: 10/29/08- 4644 miles

Son's **Sold: In the ARMY & married $$$**
1995 Teal Green
Purch 08/17/2007: 14,240 miles
10/29/2008: 17,640 miles

Wife's **Sold: shoulder injury**
1999 Gray/Black w/Fairing
Purch 06/22/08: 18,160 miles
10/29/2008: 19,889 miles
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-06-2006, 03:35 PM Thread Starter

No pics yet but I hope to add some to this site as soon as I can. I rode this weekend from Zachary over to Franklington; ate at Mike's Catfish in Amite. Beatuiful weather. There is still a lot of Katrina damage there but all is healing. Your ride shows up well in the photo. Since you like Silver, I ordered some silver reflective sheets of the net and then cut them into what is called California Flames then added them to my front fender, tank sides, side panels and rear fender. They came out nice and make my sides reflective to boot! I got them off the internet somewhere, just go to google and type in silver reflective sheets and maybe you can find them.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 12:52 AM

Welcome, ride safe. WooWoo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement