Just picked up our first VN750! - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
New Member Introductions First Post?
Make your big introduction here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 08:36 PM Thread Starter

Just picked up our first VN750!

Traveled 2.5 hrs to Delaware Ohio to get it. Details below. Dealer was asking $3995, but took off $175 because front tire needs replaced (has a little dry rot).

Thanks to Ruger for letting us see his bike last Sunday...that convinced us that the VN750 was the right bike for us! Most of the time, wife Sherry will ride her Honda Helix scooter, but confident that the VN750 will haul us both when she just wants to be a passenger.

Walt Liber, Malvern OH

2004 VN750 purchased 7/21/09, with 5490 miles. Plexistar 2 Windshield (remounted) -
Willie and Max Gray Thunder Braided Max Pax mounted on rear luggage rack, Slant Saddlebags, & Tool bag, - Iron Rider magnetic tank bag - Passenger backrest with lockable compartment - Replaced missing horn - Replaced both tires with ME880s - Lubed splines - Magna Power ETX15L Gell Battery - Replaced stator & voltage regulator 2012
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 09:34 PM
Linkmeister Supreme

Welcome to the Vulcan madness, from sunny southern Alberta. Forget about replacing the missing horn, until you look at and listen to one of these. https://www.vn750.com/forum/showthrea...tebel+nautilus

Gordon

1991 VN 750 -"Cosmic Lady" or "Bad Girl"?
Purchased May 16, 2008
Approx.19,300km (12,000 miles)

H-D windshield
Relocated R/R
MF-AGM battery
Fiamm Freeway Blaster horns
F&S luggage rack and engine guard
Kury Offset Hiway pegs
July 13, 2016, Riding on the DARKSIDE now, Classic Radial 165/80-15

TOP TEN THINGS A NEW RIDER/OWNER SHOULD DO. Click on link.
https://www.vn750.com/forum/11-vn750-general-discussion/9127-top-ten-items-you-would-suggest-new-owner-do-his-new-ride.html
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 09:38 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Welcome Walt. You will love it you picked a great ride. Just ride safe.

2003 Wine/Gray VN750 bought in 2005 w/2000 Miles
LED Tail/Brakelight & License Plate Light;Chrome Inspection Sticker Plate ;Battery Charging Quick Plug;Kuryakyn LED Battery Voltmeter;Throttle Rocker Palm Rest;Optronics Driving Lamps;KnifeMaker Floor Boards;Halogen Headlamp Bulb;OEM Engine Guard;Iridium Spark Plugs;OEM Luggage rack;Stebel Air Horn;Handlebar Clock; Handlebar Thermometer; Sealed Battery; Marbled; Leather Grip Covers; Rectangular Mirrors

~VROC~ # 389

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 10:27 PM
Love My Baby

Good buy, Walt. You and Sherry will be quite happy with this new baby. Would love to see pics, especially that luggage rack. Don't know if you're new to motorcycles or not, but if you are I would strongly suggest taking the basic and experienced riders course. Our bikes are quite fast and agile, and it's easy to ride beyond our ability to avoid disaster. The riders courses definitely give you the educational and experiencial edge.

Rubyrick

MY BABY...
'05 VN750
16,000 miles +
Kawi tank bib
Kawi rear rack
Small windshield
DEKA M/F battery
VN750.com Grill Cover
LED license plate frame
Clear Alternatives LED brake light
Cortech mini tank bag on rear rack
Pirelli MT66 Tires: 110 front / 150 rear
Splines lubed when tires installed at 10,650 miles
Splines lubed again at 14,400 with stubby valve stem install

Place your mouse on the X below and drag to the O

X
Even though you can't see Him, GOD is there! O
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the suggestion. Been ridiing for over 30 yrs, and took the Motorcycle Ohio course a few years ago when the wife went through it to get her motorcycle endorsement.

Actually, that lockable compartment is on the bottom part of the passenger backrest, not the luggage rack. It is very small and I plan on keeping my docs in there...registration, ins. card, etc. Not big enough for much else. I haven't figured out how to post pictures yet.

This forum is great! I ordered Metzeler ME880 tires based on the members' recommendations.

2004 VN750 purchased 7/21/09, with 5490 miles. Plexistar 2 Windshield (remounted) -
Willie and Max Gray Thunder Braided Max Pax mounted on rear luggage rack, Slant Saddlebags, & Tool bag, - Iron Rider magnetic tank bag - Passenger backrest with lockable compartment - Replaced missing horn - Replaced both tires with ME880s - Lubed splines - Magna Power ETX15L Gell Battery - Replaced stator & voltage regulator 2012
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 04:29 PM

Welcome to the forum!

Did you stop by G & R Tavern in Waldo for the nearly world famous fried bologna on your trip over to Delaware?

Mom, I'm not wearing my helmet only for the purpose of taking this picture and
the background was digitally blurred to make it look like I'm going really fast.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 05:04 PM
Vintage bike addict

Malvern! Heck you're just up the road. I'm just outside of Steubenville. Welcome aboard.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
Eleanor Roosevelt.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 10:21 PM Thread Starter

Nope..but we did have some good bbq at Hoggy's in Delaware!

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 04:32 PM
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

EXCELLENT! you won't be sorry! the both of you will have a great time on this bike! plenty of power! these are great bikes!
did you get to ride it yet? did you bring it home yet? what size tires did you order for it?
pic's would be nice.
oh, by the way, WELCOME to the madness and the best forum on the net! the people here are just great!
don't forget to read the "THE VULCAN VERSES"!

when the wife and I make are way down to "Dover, Oh." this summer (to roll our dice), we will have to meet you guys somewhere down there, so we can see "YOUR" vn750. lol.

I must say to everyone on here...that Walt and his wife are two very nice and pleasant people!

Last edited by ruger; 07-24-2009 at 04:34 PM.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 09:55 PM
Concert connoisseur

Garage
all you ohio people and yet you still seem so far away. I'm not even sure where malvern and steubenville are.
and I prefer smokeybones over hoggys. tried to eat the meal where you get a free tshirt at hoggys and liked to crap when I seen that big old piece of chicken they threw on the platter, I would have been better off getting the full rack of ribs and buying a tshirt!

glad you got your bike, I'm sure you'll love it. I can put my teenage girls on mine pretty comfy but my son or wife on the back it gets a little cramped!

1986 vn 750 aka "Huck Farley"
42,000 miles
Rick's stator and rr
Tuxedo stator cover mod
pickup coil mod
dampers replaced
agm m/f battery
Harley sportster exhaust, degoated
Hid conversion
splines lubed
custom "vn750.com" grill cover
NGK Iridium spark plugs

acct to mcct mod https://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17917

rekeying locks, https://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7309

stator replacement walkthrough, https://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11369
Sponsored Links
Advertisement