Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Hi all

654 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  DaddyKevin13 
#1 ·
Name is Jeff. I have an 03 vn750 less than 7k miles. Used the forum a couple times looking to pick some more experienced brains.

#3 ·
Welcome. Did you just recently buy it? If so there are several things you need to check/service to prevent serious damage in the future. The final drive splines can become damaged in under 7K miles if they weren't properly lubricated at the factory, and apparently many of them weren't. Typical oem cam chain tensioner life is 10K-15K miles. Listen for a rattling sound coming from the engine. The oem cam chain tensioners are a defective design, and the failure to lube the final drive splines was an assembly line screw up.

#4 ·
Same here:

Hi Jeff. I too scored big this year. I got my hands on an '03 vn750 A19 with only 8,149 miles on it, in near mint condition last month. #garageprincess I say near mint, there are some hairline scratches on the right mirror, and the right rubber grip has a little tear on the end and the left rear turn signal is drooping. That turn signal might have been kicked by the previous owner trying to get his leg over the extra high sissybar. I don't know, but all minor repairs and then it will be in tiptop shape. Love that Luminous Vintage Red and Greystone paint. The previous owner passed on the Dunlops and put Perilli MT 66 Route tires on it. And it was a steal at $1,850!!

Happy riding.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.