Hi all - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
New Member Introductions First Post?
Make your big introduction here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-31-2020, 01:18 AM Thread Starter

Hi all

Name is Jeff. I have an 03 vn750 less than 7k miles. Used the forum a couple times looking to pick some more experienced brains.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-31-2020, 10:41 AM

Hey Jeff. That's a low-miler, hopefully well stored

happy to help

Earshave+Rejet (38/135) NGK Iridiums MCCT Conversion Slipstreamer S03 Windshield Custom Extended Backrest Custom Highway Bars MOSFET R/R LED Underglow Volt+USB In-Dash Two-Wire & Blue-Wire Mod Satin Black Engine Paint Dampers Parts - Jets: Main=99101-393(#132 stock)/Pilot=n424-22 Pilot(#38 stock)
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-02-2020, 02:17 AM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Welcome. Did you just recently buy it? If so there are several things you need to check/service to prevent serious damage in the future. The final drive splines can become damaged in under 7K miles if they weren't properly lubricated at the factory, and apparently many of them weren't. Typical oem cam chain tensioner life is 10K-15K miles. Listen for a rattling sound coming from the engine. The oem cam chain tensioners are a defective design, and the failure to lube the final drive splines was an assembly line screw up.

I am a motorcyclist, NOT a biker.

1997 Vulcan 750, purchased about a week ago
2006 Sportster 1200 Low
2013 Royal Enfield Bullet 500, converted to carb
2001 Yamaha XT225, heavily modified
2004 Honda Rebel 250
1979 Vespa P200E
2002 Vulcan 750 parts bike
1994 Yamaha XT225 parts bike

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-03-2020, 08:05 AM

Garage
Thumbs up Same here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Name is Jeff. I have an 03 vn750 less than 7k miles. Used the forum a couple times looking to pick some more experienced brains.
Hi Jeff. I too scored big this year. I got my hands on an '03 vn750 A19 with only 8,149 miles on it, in near mint condition last month. #garageprincess I say near mint, there are some hairline scratches on the right mirror, and the right rubber grip has a little tear on the end and the left rear turn signal is drooping. That turn signal might have been kicked by the previous owner trying to get his leg over the extra high sissybar. I don't know, but all minor repairs and then it will be in tiptop shape. Love that Luminous Vintage Red and Greystone paint. The previous owner passed on the Dunlops and put Perilli MT 66 Route tires on it. And it was a steal at $1,850!!

Happy riding.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement