Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Paulywog 
#1 ·
Hi, Paul here. Thank you for having me.

Back in the early 90's I saw the Vulcan 750 for the first time and instantly fell in love with it. I've always thought that the lines of the 750 were absolutely beautiful. I came close to buying a new one in 1994 but chickened out at the last minute.

Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago. I had sold a couple of classic Hondas that I had restored in the fall of 2018 and decided that I wanted a new project. I found a 94 being sold by a member of this site that had been sitting for 7 years. We talked, struck up a deal and I brought it home last weekend. It needs a lot of cleaning, polishing, and general restoration before it hits the road. I'm looking forward to gaining the knowledge I need thru hours of browsing the site.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome. I bought a brand new Vulcan 750 in 1993. It came down to either the Vulcan or the Yamaha Virago 750, and the Virago was $500 more. I wore that one out, and bought another new one in 2002. It finally blew the engine at 118,000 miles. I bought a used 1997 about 6 months ago, and spent 4 months and several hundred $$$ getting back in tip top condition. It should have another 70,000-80,000 miles left in it, but you never know.

#3 ·
Welcome. Where are you located? Maybe there are other members close by that could either answer questions quickly for you or are interested in joining up for a ride in the future.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.