Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

New to the crew

945 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  OleDirtyDoc 
#1 ·
Whats up guys! My name is Carlos and I'm out of Parsippany in north NJ. I work as an estimator at an auto body shop. I've been riding off road since about 12 years old but this is my first street bike. My dad had one I rode a lot as well but now I'm finally riding my own. I'll admit I get a little nervous riding especially with the lack of brains on the road in NJ. I've been wrenching since a kid too and do all of my own work at home. I don't have any formal mechanic education, but I'm confident in my "self-taughtness" lol. I'm a pretty chill guy. Not trying to get into arguments or anything. Not many people in my circle ride and the few that do love their crotch rockets. This forum seems great for anyone with answers. I didn't know much about this bike at first but I keep loving it more and more everyday. Hope you all can keep that going for me. I'm not too shy either. Anyone want to ask me something, just say hi.

Hobbies? Hmm riding (even mountain biking), going to wineries and cideries. Looking for good food spots. Hiking. And art related things like drawing, painting and graffiti murals. 420 friendly haha.

#2 ·
Welcome to the machine!

The off-road background helps on the street. Maybe check up on defensive riding and reading the road surface. Rider safety courses cover this. And there's always those cellphone drivers.

A little game I play on rides, is count many crashes was I able to avoid. It keeps your head in the game, like... "Ha, I got you, you didn't get me!" It's usually 2-3 minimum on short rides.

Like they say, just ride like everyone is out to killya.

#3 ·
Ha that's a great game. It really feels like people are out to kill me sometimes. I yelled at a lady driving a civic up my tail a few days ago. We were on back roads in my neighborhood where the limit is 25 mph. I sped up to 50 to try to create some space and she just punched it and stayed on me. I wish I could've threw something through her window.

#5 ·
If a civic is able to keep up, the bike ain't running right! :grin2:

Ya, I've used the horn a number of times.
I'm running straight pipes out of the crossover chamber (known as the Goats Belly). The extra noise does reduce the people coming into your lane.

#4 ·
Welcome to the forum, and the world of riding!

I've test ridden every bike I've had the opportunity to, from Honda Rebels, to HD Road Glides, to Ninja 500s to a Yamaha R1-S. This is still my favorite bike by far!

#6 ·
Thanks for the welcome Jason. I woulda smoked that civic if I wasn't going through my neighborhood. That reason only. Not the novice rider part or anything... lol. The bike's last owner cut the OG pipes and had what seems like straight pipes welded on too. I have a friend at work with a Honda Shadow 1100 and his is silent compared to mine. It actually makes him jealous. But loud pipes saves lives so I ain't complaining. I'd like to ride a few other bikes to feel and compare, but I'm serious about how much I love this bike. From not even knowing it to "why have I not known about this?!?!"

#8 ·
Welcome to the nucking futhouse. I'm a Sussex county native trapped in central New York [emoji51]

Sent from my A502DL using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.