Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Hey all

1K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  mmart 
#1 ·
What’s up everyone, new(er) member here. Joined late last year. Bought my 2005 VN750 with 18k last September 3 days after completing the PA MSP course. This is my first bike and I love it. With that said my only regret is not getting a bike yrs ago!! Since thenI’ve been on here reading up on all the little “nuances” that come with owning one of these bikes. Since I’m new to riding, the info is invaluable and definitely makes the idea of fixing/working on my bike less daunting. Just wanted to say thanks for knowledge. Here’s my machine

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Welcome. Nice bike. I hope you consider leaving the stock air cleaners on it. I just love that '80s Japanese cruiser look.

#4 ·
Hey Thanks,

I honestly like the bike as is, the looks and the mid-size aspect is what led me to go for the Vulcan. So far I've put in and AGM battery, swapped in some LED Bulbs, new tires, and fork seals. but to me that was all necessary safety/maintenance stuff. I have new grips on order and new mirrors, but that's more because the ones i have are trashed lol. I live in the city and do not have a really good place to work on it so if it isn't broke I'm not fixing it. As the months go by the one thing i noticed and really like is that i have not crossed paths with another 750 yet.

#7 ·
Welcome!

Beautiful bike!

Some will never understand the allure of this bike. Rarely a week goes by that a friend doesn't send an ad for a Harley.

Did the rear luggage come with the bike?
This is my only practical complaint is lack of storage (well, and lack of funds to buy saddlebags...but I can't blame Kaw for that!).

#8 ·
Thanks man, I put the box on the back so i can stow my helmet, got it on ebay, under $40. saw something similar at the Revzilla store for almost $140. Storage was definitely not in their plan with this bike, lol

I hear you on the other point, I tell somebody i got a bike and half the time the first question is "Ya get a Harley?" and my response is "Ha, no i didn't, but i bought a Japanese bike at a Harley dealer!" I can't knock them, they're nice bikes, but most cost as more than what i paid for my truck

#9 ·
I have a Harley, albeit a Sportster. I had a '97 Road King many years ago. A bit too heavy. I love Harleys. I love the vibration and the sound. But I understand the appeal of the Vulcan as well. I'm now on my third. First two were bought new. And I racked up a ton of miles on them. Out of all the different bikes I have owned, the Vulcan 750 is the only one I can remember that I can ride for as long as I can stay awake without pain. This is peculiar to the 750. Other Vulcans aren't like that. Maybe it's because it's such a perfect fit for me. I've heard a lot of complaints about the seat. I find it perfect. I've seen a lot of people put low bars on them. The stock bars are perfect for me. The riding position creates no pressure points at all. It's small enough to be easy to handle around town, and fast enough to keep up with freeway traffic anywhere.

The feel and sound that makes a Harley so much fun to ride around on locally actually works against it on long rides. It becomes tiring. The Vulcan never seems to become tiring. It's like a magic carpet ride.

#10 ·
The Vulcan is my first bike so I don't have really any point of reference to compare it to anything else yet, but i will say that i have not felt "fatigued" riding it yet so far, I have not had problems with the seat either after some 4-5 hour rides. I'm 5'8" so this bike seems to fit me

She must be mad at me today though, think my carbs need to be cleaned, she started up with some choke, idled fine at first, then started sounding like she was starving a bit. I gave her throttle and she stalled. The irony of it all is I put some sea foam in the gas tank for the first time Sunday, rode probably close to 100 miles yesterday with no issues and today, couldn't get her to stay on.

Not much i could do to try and diagnose it as I had to leave for work, guess I know what I'll be doing later

#12 ·
Welcome aboard, and congratulations on your first motorcycle. Hopefully it was just a one-time hiccup, but be aware that a worn ignition or kickstand switch can cause the bike to shut off seemingly at random.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.